• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies multiplying in my room!!

RubyTed

Wise Old Thumper
So....it was 7.15 this morning. I was hearing Pixie hop about in her cage....nomming a bit of hay..........bunny feets on the carpet...:?

THEN I realised that I'd shut Pixie in her cage last night. :shock:

Opened my eyes and who was upstairs saying hi to Pixie?! Both Ruby and Ted.

.....no aggression....no fighting....just them saying hi through the bars...TOGETHER!
Ted's been up to say hi before...but Roobs hasn't...and they certainly have never been up together!
I was positive that there'd be referred aggression towards her!

All I can say is that I'm REALLY happy I put her in her cage last night, as usually she's freerange. ....that might have ended badly, as Ruby is extremely hormonal!! :roll: (Which is why I'm so shocked that there was no aggression towards Pixie, or between her and Ted!)

Last edited:
Just seen this...Blimey Ali!!!! I wouldve had kittens!!!

If there had been fighting through the bars then I would have gone mad!

....It's a little bit worrying though, as Pixie goes MENTAL when Bluebell has freeranged in my room....but was only curious with Ruby and Ted.
Come to think of it, Ruby took a HUGE disliking to Bluebell too. :? :(:(

What if none of them like Bluebell?

Who? Ruby and Ted? I was impressed that they were bonded that much. I was positive that there'd be aggression, as when Ruby humps Ted he'll chase her. It just goes to show that a tight bond isn't always obvious.

I don't think referred aggression actually shows how tight a bond between two buns is babe. Trip and Scarlett are very close and bonded immediately without any chasing or humping but showing referred aggression to Buu or Beau I think depended on who's territory they were on at the time. I have only ever had problems with referred aggression if one of the others actually went close to Trip and Scarlett's run. They would sit quite happily and not show any aggression down the other end of the garden next to Buu's run with her on the other side of the mesh. Do Ruby and Ted live downstairs?

I don't think referred aggression actually shows how tight a bond between two buns is babe. Trip and Scarlett are very close and bonded immediately without any chasing or humping but showing referred aggression to Buu or Beau I think depended on who's territory they were on at the time. I have only ever had problems with referred aggression if one of the others actually went close to Trip and Scarlett's run. They would sit quite happily and not show any aggression down the other end of the garden next to Buu's run with her on the other side of the mesh. Do Ruby and Ted live downstairs?

They do. ....but Ruby isn't spayed yet...so is very territorial. Even when Pixie goes into their space, there's no trouble between them.
Meh...I don't know. It's nice to think that they're strongly bonded, I guess.

They probably are strongly bonded hun :love: I just mean that if they did show any referred aggression wouldn't mean they aren't strongly bonded :) Its just totally normal bunny behavior

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

With the Bluebell thing, it might not be they don't like her, but she reacts badly to them. For now though, this is a nice littel triumph :) are you aiming for them to all live together?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw.

With the Bluebell thing, it might not be they don't like her, but she reacts badly to them. For now though, this is a nice littel triumph :) are you aiming for them to all live together?

That's the aim! :D

Bluebell is quite a skittish girl. The other three are such relaxo buns that they wouldn't care if a bomb went off in the living room....if they is asleep then they is not gettin up fur NOBUN!! :lol::lol:

Hopefully she'll calm down...but she'd obviously had a fight with another bun before I got her (Her ear was a bit cut up and scarred!....Beth said they know nothing of her history.) I'm sure she can't really remember it...but I hope it hasn't put her off buns altogether, as she seemed to like being with Pixie (Until the fight! :roll:)

Back