• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Midnight Handbag Raid

SuzieBlue

Young Bun
So my mini-lop buck, Nermal, is free-ranging in my bedroom at the moment as I've had to separate him and Phoebe since her spay. Which is fine, because he's quite a good little room-mate and sleeps on the end of the bed and is quiet, but last night he knocked my bag over (which I stupidly left on my chair instead of putting away in the cupboard like normal), found a pear left over from my lunch, and devoured the whole thing......
This must have been in the middle of the night as I didn't hear a thing, and he woke me up about half 5 and it was gone by then. I couldn't sleep again after that because I was worried he'd made himself sick, so stayed in the room with him until I left for work at 9.15, and other than one sticky poo (on my duvet cover, thanks Nermal...), he's been fine (he did normal poos after that too). He ate loads of hay, had a big drink of water, and was enthusiastic for the very limited number of pellets I gave him (I just wanted to test his appetite).

But I'm really worried about him still! I'm going to nip home at lunchtime to check on him, but I left him eating hay and looking bright and happy, he even had a wee binky while running!

Is there anything I can do for him other than restrict him to just hay to counter the effects of all that fruit? I feel stupid - my bedroom is totally rabbit-proofed and I'm usually good at putting things out of his reach, but the one time I forget........ :?

Back