• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help... my bun is leaning to the side is this normal

amme

Warren Scout
he pushed out of hutch on sunday and not been out of hutch sine and just noticed he is leaning to one side... just wondered if this is normal behaviour or is it a trip to the vets

good ... i worry about everything and ring the vets all the time just to be sure. ive been there so often they know me now lol
vibes that its not something serious

i hope not too, he is going to bording bunnery tommorrow for a week while we go on holiday, if he is ill we will have to cancel :(, he is eating fine, but he hasnt been out of his hutch since sunday either

he pushed out of hutch on sunday and not been out of hutch sine and just noticed he is leaning to one side... just wondered if this is normal behaviour or is it a trip to the vets

Hes not been out of the hutch since sunday?? By his choice or haven't you let him out for exercise?

Headtilt can be caused by EC as well as ear infections ,definitely get him checked over.

his choice, they have a shed with a catflap with an attatched run so they have lots of freedom- he knows how to use the catflap and likes being outside with the toys, but he just hasny been, his female bun has also been in there with him too keeping him company and she is ALWAYS out

Whats EC???????

his choice, they have a shed with a catflap with an attatched run so they have lots of freedom- he knows how to use the run and likes being outside with the toys, but he just hasny been, his female bun has also been in there with him too keeping him company and she is ALWAYS out

In that case I'd say he's probably feeling off colour,bless him , hope the vets can make him feel better. :wave:

Right back from vets and it is EC. Looks like we are going to have to cancel our holiday - my little boy is sssoooooo upset. The bunnery won't take them which is VERY understandable. I have been told I need to bring him in the house and look after him. Also to seperate him from his mate!!!!!!! Oh joy that will mean bonding again.

Right back from vets and it is EC. Looks like we are going to have to cancel our holiday - my little boy is sssoooooo upset. The bunnery won't take them which is VERY understandable. I have been told I need to bring him in the house and look after him. Also to seperate him from his mate!!!!!!! Oh joy that will mean bonding again.

This might stress him even more & stress can make it worse. I'd read some other threads before you do that:D

Thankyou. We r thinking about taking them with us in the caravan on holiday so our son will be happy. He is the youngest and it's only him and his mom and dad that r going he has been looking forward to mom and dad time for months- bless him.

This might stress him even more & stress can make it worse. I'd read some other threads before you do that:D

Yeah I am a bit bothered about that I only srperated him for 40seconds when they went in the carry case and he wanted to get back to her. He leans on her to steady himself and she let's him

I have a bunny who had EC and head tilt and I kept her partner with her. He was very understanding a gentle with her though, like he understood she was ill. I think it would have stressed her out a lot more if they had been separated.

I've seen that other people on here have separated but kept the partner bunny within sight, for example having the ill bunny in a pen within the well bunnies area.

What has the vet given you in terms of medication? Hopefully a 28 day course of panacur for both rabbits as a starter?

He gave bugs an injection of something and I need to get medicine tomorrow it's not panucar it's something else apparantly it tastes of anniseed. He hasn't given my other bun anything he just said that if she gets it to give same medicine

It sounds like it will be Lapizole. This is the 'same' as panacur in terms of its medicinal content.

Do you mind if a give you a tip? The 'pump action' on the lapizole container is very powerful and it not only upsets the rabbits as it shoots into their mouths but there is also a risk of aspiration (breathing in some of the liquid to the lungs). I always just squirt it into grated carrot and they aeat it all up (whilst i watch) OR if you need to actually give it orally - draw it up into an oral syrnge and give it that way.

I would also not separate - just give both buns the full 28 days worth.

You should also have an anti-inflammatory which will help with the neurological damage (meloxivet/metacam). Try ASKING for it if it is not given automatically!

I don't think I woudl sepatate either - after all the other bun will have been exposed to it anyway.

Were you told about special cleaning?

Back