• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not Sure What to Do - Bunny Off Colour

Squishybunny

Warren Scout
Hi Guys, Please Help.

Both my buns came back from boarding on Saturday. They seemed pleased to be back and ran round the garden like loonys. They weren't very keen on their dinner, which was unusual but it was all none by the morning so I wasn't fussed. I think it was beause they had eaten out of a bowl all week and didn't fancy working for their grub by knocking the jingle ball around.

Anyway, they have both seemed on edge and reluctant to feed. Yesterday Lolly vegged out in her trug full of hay all day and wasn't interested in dinner or her carrot. She didn't seem distressed, just not really arsed. Then this morning she was the same and her tummy is quite loud.

When I go to pick her up she fights me off, which is normally a good thing on the odd occassion she has been uner the weather she was all compliant and easy.

I have previously managed her through a couple of gassy tummy bouts with fluids, Infacol, Tummy rubs etc. But I can't do that at the moment, because she just fights me and gets stressed.

Is this a job for the vets?

Hi Guys, Please Help.

Both my buns came back from boarding on Saturday. They seemed pleased to be back and ran round the garden like loonys. They weren't very keen on their dinner, which was unusual but it was all none by the morning so I wasn't fussed. I think it was beause they had eaten out of a bowl all week and didn't fancy working for their grub by knocking the jingle ball around.

Anyway, they have both seemed on edge and reluctant to feed. Yesterday Lolly vegged out in her trug full of hay all day and wasn't interested in dinner or her carrot. She didn't seem distressed, just not really arsed. Then this morning she was the same and her tummy is quite loud.

When I go to pick her up she fights me off, which is normally a good thing on the odd occassion she has been uner the weather she was all compliant and easy.

I have previously managed her through a couple of gassy tummy bouts with fluids, Infacol, Tummy rubs etc. But I can't do that at the moment, because she just fights me and gets stressed.

Is this a job for the vets?

Yes :)

Good luck

Thanks,

We are back. The vet has had a good poke around and she seems to be really gassy. He said it wasn't all in one place like bloat, but in small pockets spread out. He also said she smelt like she should have squits but doesn't, I have no idea what that means.

She's had pain relief, gut stimulant and managed a massive drink when we got back. She wouldn't let me syringe her, but drunk from a bowl when I held it up to her and tipped it to her mouth. She lapped away like normal.

Now she is flopped out next to a hotty botty, gurgling away like a dodgy radiator. She has also started scrunching her teeth.

I'm now trying to play the shove food at face game to see if she will eat something by accident. She is being stubbon and has started digging at the carpet and then flopping.

I hope Lolly will be back to normal soon.

If she's teeth grinding then you may well need more pain relief once the current dose has worn off - usually 24hours if she had an injection at the vets this morning.

Sending vibes.

She's eaten a little and drunk a little, but she still doesn't want to move around much. I have chased her around a little just to get her to move, but she got crabby and started stamping at me and then flopped.

Any help please

Back