• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thought I'd find my buns dead or in shock...

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
... but I didn't! :D

Really windy in N.Ireland. I thought I could trust my condo, but the wind was so strong while I was out that it lifted the whole roof of the covered run. I've been out all day and I've no idea how long my poor wee darlins were stuck out in the wind and rain for! Luckily they had the good sense to snuggle together in a sheltered, dry part. Came through front door and saw lid of condo lifted, through the kitchen window. My heart is still pounding. :shock:

Well, they're in the kitchen now, snuggled together on top of their cardboard box, they've had a feed and I think they're ok. Will watch them for sneezing or anything strange. They're def getting a shed now, within the next week or so! I feel so guilty. What if a cat had got in - there's one that lives next door and they don't feed it very often - it's always hungry so I feed it to try and keep it away from Benny and Lola! Am I rambling? I'm rambling aren't I! Oh calm me down someone please!! :shock:

Aww you poor thing

It is a big shock when that happens the wind and rain blew my babys roof off a few months ago and mine were ok. I got up in the morning to find them running round the paddock with the sheep im so lucky they didnt run away the dog didnt even go into the paddock it ran straight to my door.

Ohhhhh m'nerves are wrecked! Thanks for comments. Think I'll go into kitchen and give em a wee stroke! They're raging at me because they want out! They keep racing to the door when they see me. Need to dry out condo and replenish straw and secure before they get out again, so they're in for the night!! Not happy bunnies - I wish you could explain to them that it's for their own good! :?

ahhh bless em. glad they're ok:D i'm sure a bit of warmth inside will soon have them recovered.........shall i have a bet with you that this may be the deciding factor for whether they'll be house buns;)

ahhh bless em. glad they're ok:D i'm sure a bit of warmth inside will soon have them recovered.........shall i have a bet with you that this may be the deciding factor for whether they'll be house buns;)

Don't tempt me! You would win that bet if I had my conservatory built!! They need more space than I can give them in the house at min because I can't have them in the same room as little grumpy Chester - my dachshund. I do like them being in though - feel more relaxed! Benson is enjoying himself sitting on the stairs - king of the castle! Lola is doing that head stretched out, ears to the side, bobbing thing they do, daring herself to go further up the hall!! :lol:

Oh I'd love house buns!! Someday. They def prefer outside though - is it possible for rabbits to give dirty looks?! :?

Last edited:
Don't tempt me! You would win that bet if I had my conservatory built!! They need more space than I can give them in the house at min because I can't have them in the same room as little grumpy Chester - my dachshund. I do like them being in though - feel more relaxed! Benson is enjoying himself sitting on the stairs - king of the castle! Lola is doing that head stretched out, ears to the side, bobbing thing they do, daring herself to go further up the hall!! :lol:

Oh I'd love house buns!! Someday. They def prefer outside though - is it possible for rabbits to give dirty looks?! :?

oh yes! my esme has beautiful eyes but if you move her stuff around she looks evil:lol:

i'm dreading having to put my guinea pigs back outside. this is the first winter they've been indoors but i love listening to them:D

house rabbits are fab:love:

[/B]

oh yes! my esme has beautiful eyes but if you move her stuff around she looks evil:lol:

i'm dreading having to put my guinea pigs back outside. this is the first winter they've been indoors but i love listening to them:D

house rabbits are fab:love:

Oh I love the sound of guinea pigs! I rescued one once from a teacher who thought it would be a good idea to stick one in a tiny cage and keep it in her classroom for the kids to poke at!! Luckily she realised the error of her ways and asked for help. I called him russel because he kept me awake at night rustling in his hay! Found out I was allergic to him, affected breathing and eyes and poor little russel had to move to yet another home! :(

I'd love a wee gang of guinea pigs though! Hope yours enjoy being back in the great outdoors!

Aw bless you what a scare that must have given you! :shock:

Am glad all is well though! Lots of (( hugs )) for your poor shattered nerves!

Thankyou! Feelin better now. They are sleeping on their box. Am going to go to bed now and hope I don't wake up sleeping in the open air, balanced on a few bricks because TWO RABBITS ATE MY HOUSE!!!! :shock:

Wont want to put them back out tomorrow once I've dried out the condo and replaced straw!

Night night all and sweet dreams to the bunnies! :wave:

I'm glad they're both all right.:)
BTW, if a cat had got in they would have probably chased her/him away.:lol:
Night, night to you and your bunnies. I hope they don't cause much damage to your house.:)

Back