• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please I Need Help! My Rabbit Might Be In Danger

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
My bunny Ash has found himself a friend of the wild bunnies everyday a wild bunny (the same one) he goes rigt up to his cage and sometimes they even touch. He escaped 2 weeks ago for a few hours and he got fleas he is now being treated and should get rid of them really soon he has his vaccinations i dont know what to do or if i should do anything?

Last edited:
Well we are trying to install chicken wire but the wild on is trying to dig in to go into ash's run i am just scared if the bunny is carrying any diseases it might pass on to ash:cry:

Yes, there is a risk of diseases, especially with it coming up to Myxomatosis season.

Is there anyway to move Ash onto concrete and then put a chicken wire (or stronger) fence up? The wildie wouldn't be able to dig through that.

I agree with the above. I had a problem just before Smokey was spayed with a wild rabbit coming through the garden. Thankfully, my two are more interested in each other and mainly ignored the wild bun and he stopped coming through after a couple of days.

Would it be possible to bring him inside the house? Also, does Ash have a bunny friend of his own?

no he doesnt have a bunny friend but i am seriously thinking of getting him one because i did supect this could be because of lonliness. I do have a patio and i will try putting him on that. Thanks for all the help:D

no he doesnt have a bunny friend but i am seriously thinking of getting him one because i did supect this could be because of lonliness. I do have a patio and i will try putting him on that. Thanks for all the help:D

You could also try putting another run over/around the run so that the wild bun can't get near. It's bit of a faff but if you use something cheap like chicken wire, it'll do the trick.

I thought you were getting Crystal spayed so they could be together:?

Back