• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding by a rescue

tdsouza

Warren Scout
My rabbit is being bonded by a rescue on Saturday :D and I was wondering what I will need to do once they come home?

Also I bought a cardboard maze at christmas for Hopper and its the only toy he plays with. Can cardboard can be neutralised with the 50/50 white wine vinegar/water solution?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

I'm no expert but this is what I'm doing as I'm in exactly the same situation as you except I'm picking mine up on Sunday. :love:

I'm cleaning all Jack's stuff and washing all the fabric stuff. His toys that he had before the bonding I will take away altogether for now because I can't really 'neutralise' them. I have a few chew toys and a green tunnel that Jack never had whilst he was here so they will get those to play with.

Once I'm happy with their bond I will reintroduce Jack's old toys as hopefully there won't be any problems then.

I'd take the cardboard maze away for now and reintroduce it when they are settled as a pair. :D x

Will be watching this thread myself for more ideas though! :p x

Whats your plan when you bring them home?

as I remember reading someone was advised to only let them have access to small amounts of space at a time, I was wondering if you had found any other bits of advise?

:?

I'm going to ask Angie what's best space-wise when I pick them up - but yes - I was thinking of putting them in just the dog crate when they first come home and then if they are ok let them have their room space. But if you ask the rescue who's bonding them; I'm sure they will be able to give you some good advice! :D xx

Hope all goes well (for both of us and our rabbits!)

oooo I'm waiting for mine to come back too! Bobby is really dominatng Carlo and he is a bit scared:cry:

all is going well though:D

oooo I'm waiting for mine to come back too! Bobby is really dominatng Carlo and he is a bit scared:cry:

all is going well though:D

I'm picking mine up on Sunday afternoon........ :love: :love:

Can't wait!! This has been one of the longest week's of my life without my Jack-Jack! :shock:

Back