• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

reply before 2.30? cross post from health snuffles?

bunlover

Warren Veteran
runny nose: vets at 15.15 but extra q's

hi there, i dont often post as generally im up on my rabbit medicine but iv never had a bunny with snuffles (im hoping this is not what it is but will see once get to vets) dora has been not eating her breakfast (they are normally fed mix in morning adn pellets and veg in evening) she has been eating the hay without problem and has taken hard and soft treats as well as grazing and loving as normal her veg, she seems thinner though (will confirm this with weight check at vets in a bit)
also noticed the other day under her nose was little wet knowing how she digs in the hay i thought prehaps some hay had got up it and cleaned it up but kept an eye on her, yesterday though i noticed she had a snotty nose im not sure she has never had one before as arthur is always licking her so it is possible he had previosuly cleaned it up , dora is my "rabbit bunny" the one who doesnt particularly like human contact, she hates being indoors and loves grzing.

are there other possibly causes apart from snuffles of a runny nose (nb arthur is a dental bunny but dora has always had perfect teeth and her eyes are bright and she is bouncy just a little off by not eating breakfast and nose issue) she is now around 5years.

my other question is depending on what it is if its snuffles is it baytril to treat and is it reoccouring for rest of life also will it mean arthur will catch it and are my other pair at risk also? x

Last edited:
Back