• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can i bond bunnies?

ash&crystal

Alpha Buck
I have a pet rabbit ( Ash ) and i have recently put up a thread about his aggresion i want to get him a play pal he is 10 montths old does it have to be the same breed and bunny and is he too old to bond with another bunny?

buns are never to old to bond :)

size age breed, isnt really a factor in 2 neutered buns, age only if one is say 6 months the other 6 years that gap is a bit to big,

people myself included often go by personality :D but bare in mind your agressive bun, maybe taken over by what looks like a softie, but kicks your boy into touch, expect the unexpected with bonding, ive only had 2 bonds that have been predictable so far

I have 6 yr old dutch boy with my temprmental dutch girlie whos 3, he spent the first 4 years of his unneutered life,spraying, mounting everything that didnt move, met his now wife all he did was sniff her:lol:, I was very dissapointed as i was so sure hed be the same wit ha real bun as he had been say with my slippers :lol:

as i suggested last night timeing is important, never bond straight after neuter, hormones must settle at least, if you try to bond too soon, accidents can happen, even if seperated the fear and aggession can still be there and ruin it for when to try again, and never ever rush it,

Its like an arranged marriage alot of people think rabbits will hit it off straight away all you are really doing is putting 2 ( or more ) strangers together, they have to get used to each other and that takes days maybe weeks

ok thanks how long after neutering? also what temperament of bunny should i get for my aggresive one (i am getting one for compnionship to calm him down) a fiesty one or a calm one? thankks:D

ok thanks how long after neutering? also what temperament of bunny should i get for my aggresive one (i am getting one for compnionship to calm him down) a fiesty one or a calm one? thankks:D

due to his fiesty nature and it also being spring min of 6 weeks, i know it sounds really long, but as stated above if you rush it can go completly balls up,

as for what type of bunny, to be honest i cant just answer that with a straight answer because

A, you bun may turn into an absolute sap, and become really soppy,
B, he could still be fiesty just not as much
c, another reason to wait for hormone to settle is that some people noticed a differance within a few days, others within a few weeks,
D, it can go either or im afraid some fiestys go with fiesty othes oppposite, if it was that simple people wouldnt be so scared to bond :lol:

See this is where we stress rescue, as some offer bonding, if it fails they can try and match another bun for yours instead, so its worth nosing around :D

what area are you in? dont need to know your addy just area

:DNorthumberland near newcastle.I am def going to get on from a rescue centre! So if i neutre him now or in the next few weeks how long after him being neutered shall i try and bond them?

:DNorthumberland near newcastle.I am def going to get on from a rescue centre! So if i neutre him now or in the next few weeks how long after him being neutered shall i try and bond them?

6 weeks min from op as stated above

Back