• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what do you think of my rabbits setup??

Kirsty2oo9

Alpha Buck
125.jpg

and the other side

126.jpg

You might have seen my setup before ive just changed it around :)

Looks fab - other peoples set ups always look so clean and tidy - both of mine always have hay and poo everywhere 5 mins after cleaning

Thanks :) Every morning when i go and see her the place is really messy!! She puts the toys everywhere, scrunches the blanket up, moves the cardboard box, moves the blue hay tub lol i just have a quick tidy up every morning :)

Looks way better :thumb: and I can see she is already using the letter box *yay* What a lucky bun :D

How about some wooden chews? My two wee ones love them, you can get a pack of 4 for 99p from Wilkos, I Pets at Home do loads of different ones and even online (the hay experts), theyre basically bits of wood (suitable for buns) that are generally shaped and sometimes coloured for the buns to nibble on to keep their teeth down, prevention is better than cure they say. :)

Where do you get your hay from? It looks really brown? I had a bag like that from my Wilko once, I was gutted, if you're really lucky, someone near you might sell bales of hay and they are SOOOOO much cheaper than buying it in the bag and the buns go MAD for it (here it is £4 for a bale.....some places its even £2 a bale!! Thats way more than you would get in a bag for that price!!) But then again, I dont know your situation!! I dont know whether your parents would take you (and be willing to get their car messy) but it is a great money saver and your bun should love it ;)

Great work, I love how your bun has carpet so he or she doesnt get cold feets :love::love:

EDIT:

Just saw you got a wooden toy, silly me, I didnt see it!! Lol

TeflonsShadow -- Thankiess :):)
Yeaah shes usin the litterbox and prefers it because she has a nibble on they hay haha :)
The hay is from pets at home its quite expensive too.. :(
I dont know where id get a bale from but i know my mum n dad wouldnt take me coz of the mess it would make in the car :(
I dunno any other shops really where i can buy it from?
My rabbit doesent really eat much hay either :S?? I have got lots in there and i dont overfeed her with nuggets or too much veg so i dunno its strangeeee? Every1 else is bunnys seems too love hay but mine dont =/???
x

If you want to get a bale of hay look for a horse feed suppliers in your area failing that a riding school or horse livery yard might help you out. To keep mess to a minimum in the car you can put your bale of hay in an old duvet cover. I use a large sheet of plastic that a mattress was delivered in - the old chaps where I go are excellent at wrapping the bale up for me, they never think I do it right! Where I go they also have a ready wrapped small bale of barn dried hay called Haydown - this is pretty good too, you could do a search on line to look for a stockest near you.

The hay is from pets at home its quite expensive too.. :(
I dont know where id get a bale from but i know my mum n dad wouldnt take me coz of the mess it would make in the car :(
x

If your mum and dad are worried about the mess in the car, you can put the bale of hay in an old duvet cover.

Also some local horse supply shops sells hay in a bag which is cheaper and better than pet shop stuff - I've found one who sells it for £1 for a big bag which is alot cheaper than from a pet shop.

Your set up looks brilliant :)

Wow this looks amazing - I'm such an idiot. Carpet tiles would be the best thing for my rabbits :roll: Duuuuh.
We've been through about 5 old towels in the process of litter training! Or hay mess...unbelievably difficult to get hay out of towels! :lol:

Back