• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

meet mallow!- question, post 15

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
001.jpg

003.jpg

Last edited:
She is gorgeous, just arrived tonight but is apparently hutch aggressive, I'm sure that will improve once she has been spayed.

Mallow has settled in well, and seems to be a good eater- chomping throught the mix and hay. She does seem to produce a lot of caecotrophs, I noticed some in the carrier before we got her home. MY vet tends to feed excel- do you think this is likely to be the cause and how long should I expect for things to settle down.

Mallow has settled in well, and seems to be a good eater- chomping throught the mix and hay. She does seem to produce a lot of caecotrophs, I noticed some in the carrier before we got her home. MY vet tends to feed excel- do you think this is likely to be the cause and how long should I expect for things to settle down.

Stress of travelling / new environment can cause excess caecotrophs - Jester was like that for the first couple of days when he arrived, soon settled down :)

Daisy tried Excel at one point and she developed very dark, softish poos and left a few caecotrophs. So could be that too.

Mallow is gorgeous :love::love::love: Glad she's settling in well :D

Stress of travelling / new environment can cause excess caecotrophs - Jester was like that for the first couple of days when he arrived, soon settled down :)

Daisy tried Excel at one point and she developed very dark, softish poos and left a few caecotrophs. So could be that too.

Mallow is gorgeous :love::love::love: Glad she's settling in well :D

Thank you.:wave:

She's certainly a good eater- all she ever does is eat her hay or lie flat out. She's indoors at the moment, can't risk her outside with this weather after being in the vets for nearly 2 weeks- their temperatures are tropical.

I Have to say, after having Mallow for a couple of weeks, what a cute bunny she is!

She is still in the house, but what a content little hay muncher she is- now wonder if I should have called her Munchkin. Either she has a piece of straw disappearing into her fluffy cheeks or is flat out relaxing.

For the life of me I can't understand why nobody came looking for her, no signs of aggression so far, but do think speying should happen soon, as I think hormones are active.

I don't really want her to go outside before she is speyed and vaccinated- how long do you think I should wait. She did have some wounds on her back and eye, ( initially suspected as myxo, but now thought to be an attack.), they are nearly healed and she is on no medication now.
What order would be best- vccines then spey or vice versa?

Last edited:
I Have to say, after having Mallow for a couple of weeks, what a cute bunny she is!

She is still in the house, but what a content little hay muncher she is- now wonder if I should have called her Munchkin. Either she has a piece of straw disappearing into her fluffy cheeks or is flat out relaxing.

For the life of me I can't understand why nobody came looking for her, no signs of aggression so far, but do think speying should happen soon, as I think hormones are active.

I don't really want her to go outside before she is speyed and vaccinated- how long do you think I should wait. She did have some wounds on her back and eye, ( initially suspected as myxo, but not thought to be an attack.), they are nearly healed and she is on no medication now.
What order would be best- vccines then spey or vice versa?

If I have achoice, I usually go for myxi first, so they can have acomplete health check and discuss neutering. Wait 2 weeks then spay, wait two weeks then VHD

Back