• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why is choosing a new housing set-up so difficult??? U/D Having second thoughts

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
The OH has said I can have whatever size set up i want in the garden, but I still cant choose! I'm still unsure as to whether to go for a shed/run combo, an aviary with a hutch inside, or a dog kennel/run!

Aaaaarrrgggghhhh!!

Last edited:
:lol: Bless ya hun.

A hutch in aviary would be fine (probably what L&G will end up with!) but a shed/kennel set up is easier for the winter. Much easier to clean and you can still sit with the buns when you want to, whereas with a hutch/aviary set up you cant do that.

What about a 10x6 kennel?

xXx

hahaha exactly what I have been going through since before christmas :lol::lol::lol:

I think if you have any size space I would go for kennel and run - I would definitely have this if I knew it was for my group but if I have 2 pairs I will have to go for 2 avairys/hutches which works out a lot more expensive..
dogandrabbit runs have a 10 x 6 kennel for £360.

I agree with Becky a dog kennel and run will be much nicer in the winter!

i love the look of them kennels... if i ever banished my bunnies or chippies outside thats what id want...

i cant wait to see your set up when you get it all sorted :D:D

Thanks guys :D

I think you're right, so lets rule an aviary with hutch out :D

Now then, shed or kennel? :lol:

How easy is it to attached a run to a shed? And is it best to attached aviary panels or a proper run?

i love the look of them kennels... if i ever banished my bunnies or chippies outside thats what id want...

i cant wait to see your set up when you get it all sorted :D:D

Aww dont say "banished", that makes me feel bad about putting them outside :( :lol:

I am the same! Have been looking for outdoor accomodation for Strawbs. Was set on a wendy house and attached run but think we are going to go for a kennel now. They look neater and are all undercover and closed in so more secure and weather proof.

Just hard to find a decent one for a good price, some are extortionate!!!

You dont live anywhere near Ipswich do you? Found an amazing one on ebay!

I am the same! Have been looking for outdoor accomodation for Strawbs. Was set on a wendy house and attached run but think we are going to go for a kennel now. They look neater and are all undercover and closed in so more secure and weather proof.

I've got no idea where Ipswich is in the country apart from that I dont think it's near Birmingham :oops:

Have you looked here:

http://www.dogandrabbitruns.com

They seem to be the cheapest so far that I've found :D

hahaha exactly what I have been going through since before christmas :lol::lol::lol:

I think if you have any size space I would go for kennel and run - I would definitely have this if I knew it was for my group but if I have 2 pairs I will have to go for 2 avairys/hutches which works out a lot more expensive..
dogandrabbit runs have a 10 x 6 kennel for £360.

I agree with Becky a dog kennel and run will be much nicer in the winter!

i got mine from the dogandrabbit runs and i love it........if you go through ebay and they have them listed they are even cheaper than their website. the man is really nice and helpfull. i do have pics on another thread but could post some. i think dog kennel/ runs look nicer than sheds and runs, but thats just what i think. plus all the sides are solid except the front so there for there proberly going to spend more time in the run part than if its all open. i also spent weeks trying to decide but i am really happy with my choice. :D

Well I've had another chat with the OH and have decided that I'm taking over the bottom part of the garden for Paddy and Peaches's new home :D

The total size is 16ft x 8ft :D

So now i'm thinking of getting an 8x6 shed with a 10x8 run, I just need to find a decent shed at a good price - there are too many to choose from!

oh wow!!!!

What lucky bunnies your rabbits are going to be!.

Good luck on the hunt for the shed, have you tried ebay, I have got loads of bargains of their for my bunch.

Love to see some pics when you get it done.

Kelly :wave:

Wow! Thats massive! Nearly as big as what my giants have, talk about making me feel guilty! :lol:

Cant wait to see it! :D xXx

Hi :wave:

I live in Ipswich, you dont happen to have the link do you??

xx

Wow thats brilliant - you could fit a double kennel and run in that size - room for another pair of bunnies ;):lol:

Wow thats brilliant - you could fit a double kennel and run in that size - room for another pair of bunnies ;):lol:

I could, but I don't have the time to feed and clean out 3 lots of bunnies :( I may however be looking for a third bun to make a trio with paddy and peaches, *may* being the word :D

I could, but I don't have the time to feed and clean out 3 lots of bunnies :( I may however be looking for a third bun to make a trio with paddy and peaches, *may* being the word :D

;)

Oooo that would be good, another boy would probably be good as Paddy is quite calm...
Im only joking - I know all too well how much work it is!! Im definetly stopping at 4!! Hoping mine will go as a group - 3 litter trays etc is hard work at the moment!! Though I love each and every one of them - all so different :love:
What lucky bunnies having that size to run about in! :love: Bet they will have a whale of a time - will they free-range at all? - or is your garden not bunny proof??

;)

Oooo that would be good, another boy would probably be good as Paddy is quite calm...
Im only joking - I know all too well how much work it is!! Im definetly stopping at 4!! Hoping mine will go as a group - 3 litter trays etc is hard work at the moment!! Though I love each and every one of them - all so different :love:
What lucky bunnies having that size to run about in! :love: Bet they will have a whale of a time - will they free-range at all? - or is your garden not bunny proof??

no it's not bunny proof unfortunately, but my moms is :D I'll just take them round at the weekend :D

I just need to hurry up and choose a shed and get the garden sorted. The area I'm having needs digging over and slabbing

Back