• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit changing colour?

Hiya just a quick question... Our Lilly seems to have a dark patch of fur which has just appeared in the last few days. Is it 'normal' for this to happen?.

Sophie's Lovely Orange colour of 18 months ago is going progressively greyer :shock: I think she is trying to blend in with Granite.

It's definitely the season for colour changes due to moulting. Both my hamster have changed colour, one from a very dark brown/black to ginger! Work that one out......... :lol:

Beebs is going from a grey to the original colour he was as a baby..a gorgous fawny orange......:love:
Mrs B and Roland are going from dark grey to a paler shade...and Lily?? Shes pure white...with a few little patches where Beebs has groomed her!!

:wave: thanks for the replies. Yep she is defiantly moulting (she says picking fur out of her nose:roll::lol:).

Ive never seen that before, was panicking that it could be something serious (seem to spend my life worrying about my little ones:oops:).

:wave: thanks for the replies. Yep she is defiantly moulting (she says picking fur out of her nose:roll::lol:).

Ive never seen that before, was panicking that it could be something serious (seem to spend my life worrying about my little ones:eek:ops:).

Oh yes...**nodding**....we know all about that one!!!!!

My bridge bunny Widget was always a lovely colour in winter. He'd go a sort of deep reddy brown :love:
In summer he was more sandy, like the picture in my signature. He looked like a completely different bunny :lol:

ETA: Actually wait, sig picture is winter Widgey :lol::oops: Here's a summer one ^_^

Last edited:
tabitha and matthew were orange, honest. now, two and half years later, she's a creamy colour, fawn perhaps, but still with her single dark mark. he, on the other hand has been:

orange
cream
something like agouti with loads of black
sooty (fawn? - seems a bit of a cheek to claim that when he's so dark) with lovely dark ears (a colour he has kept for a while now, i think it is permanent)

so now i just think of him as my brownish bunny. he's lovely. all shades of orange/cream/agouti/brownish lops remind me of him.:love:

Yes, Joejoe's jet black in the winter with the odd gingery fleck but now he's more a dark browny gingery colour with the odd black splodge :love:

Back