• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long does it take for a bun to get used to having another bun around?

Adorabunny

Warren Scout
I know it will probably depend on the bunnies but ....

I bonded my 3 yr old boy bun with a 4 month old female last week, all went well - no fights just a little chasing and humping. They groom each other but tend not to sit or lay together for long periods.

Another thing is that when free ranging, the boy is ok until he see's girlie running about. When she comes into view he becomes startled and jumps out of his skin, stamps and bolts. :roll: There is no aggression towards her it just seems like he forgets she's around.

This behaviour has improved slightly but I just wondered if it was normal :?

what breed is your boy,

am i too assume your boy is neutered,

girlie im aware is a bit young yet

My boy is mini lop x nethie and yes they have both been 'done'. She was done about 3 weeks ago, I think she is actually 5 months old. She is a lionhead x if that also helps :D

only reason i ask the breed of the boy, is breeds such as red eyed whites are renouned for poor eyesight, if was was that would explain the being startled

Oh right, no he has dark eyes and sees fine. Do you think his behaviour sounds odd? Has anyone seen this behaviour in their buns before?

its ok, im just thinking either sight or mild hearing probs, this doesnt effect relationship,

another thing free ranging as in free to run the garden, or house??

just a thought if hes lived on his own in the garden, im thinking foxes and cats may have been around and hes just not used to his girlie, though often they know danger in the garden a good while ahead anyway

or just could be due to chasing and humping hes just a lil on edge still

Back