• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Putting rabbits outside

milly100

Alpha Buck
Hi,

I am in the process of deciding to put my house buns outside to live. It will be a while before their new housing will be ready.
My main concern is for Flopsy as she has been a house bun for 4 years now and I was just wondering if it would be ok to put her outside?? They will be living in our wooden garage. It will have 2 large windows in. Im hoping that I will be able to bond all 3 in their and they will have a 10ft x 10ft area.
Also approxiametly what month will it be warmer enough to move them outside??
Thankyou :)

Rabbits adjust quite well so I'm sure Flopsey will settle to life outside. As for when to put them out, that's anyones guess at the moment. It's looking like late April/May at the moment, temps are still dropping quite low at night, but you could perhaps start putting them out for a few hours on a nice day so they can start getting used to it.

Mine are going outside this year too. My garden won't be ready until the summer, & I need to get re-vacs for myxi:D Mine are indoors, but I got windows open all day & no heating on already, & they get garden access a few times a week, so hopefully won't die of shock:D

I was planning on putting A and E out in the next couple of weeks - I think thats why the snow has arrived :shock:

Ideally it needs to be when the overnight temperature isnt much different to that in your house. A and E are in an unheated room its usually about 10c in their but some houses are around 22c. You could start to acclimatise them by turning the heating off in their room if its on

Back