• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hiccups

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm just wondering if anyone has had a bunny who has had hiccups and NOT gone on to have, or who has not had a history of, respiratory issues?

I've only seen Autumn, Cloud and Summer have hiccups. Autumn arrived with a URI, Cloud now has something lung related going on (we're not sure what, but definitely a sub-clinical infection at the very minimum), and Summer had her melanoma cancer metastasize to her lungs. So they all had respiratory issues of different natures, but are the only rabbits I have ever seen hiccups in.

Tilly also had metastasized cancer in her lungs but can't recall ever seeing her have hiccups, and Badger has pnuemonia but I've not seen him have hiccups.

I just wondered if anyone else has noticed a similar trend?

Patrick had hiccups last night! :shock: will be asking the vet about it today as im rather worried. Dont have any other experience tho! x

Please don't worry. I may have found a pattern where there is no pattern. I was just wondered whether they could possibly be an indication of some sort of vulnerability, that's all.

Joey used to get them & died of a tumour on his kidneys. Never any breathing or eating issues though

Pie is a very healthy bun and she gets hiccups when she drinks too fast and then runs around like mad! It soon goes after a couple of minutes.
It has only happend 3 or 4 times and she has no respiratory problems.

Back