• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed waterproofing??

weeble

I remember reading a post suggesting adding something to the paint when painting a shed to help the water bead off it. I cant remember what the something was any ideas please??

I dunno. :oops: But you can get paint with wax in that makes the water bead off too - Cuprinol do one called Ducksback but I got the very same from Wilkinsons (own brand) for much cheaper. ;)

I always add some cooking oil to whatever I put on sheds and hutches.

Years ago when creosote was available my Dad always mixed in some engine oil with it to paint the fences. The oil really soaks into the wood and stops it from drying out and cracking and forces the rain water to run off it and therefore reduces any chance of rotting.

Normal vegetable oil, I use about 1 tablespoon per litre. Just remember to reguarly stir it as you are using it as the oil floats to the surface.

Back