• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss Cotton :(

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
No point to this. I just really miss my foster bunny Cotton. I took him on temporarily for about 6-7 weeks, and he was my comfort after Bonnie died, he gave me some company at Uni.

I wanted to keep him but i couldnt take the chance due to suprise vet bills, as i cant garentee to be able to pay for 4 bunnies vet treatments, despite having a lovely shed etc. I just keep telling myself that his coat wouldnt have been a good idea with my messy bunnies.

I took him up to his new fosterers while he is neutured etc yesterday, and then he will go to his new home.

His new home is literally amazing. He is going to be so so loved, and i couldnt wish for anything more. It was just so hard and i really miss him now.

It is sad letting them go once you've formed a bond, but knowing you've helped them find a loving home makes all the difference.

You did a good job and now he has a wonderful life ahead because of you :)

When we got him he was really shy and timid, and now he loves cuddles and snuggles. He used to sit with me snuggled in my dressing gown whilst i watched tv at uni, he was like my little buddy!

just miss him so much.

It is such a wrench having to let fosters go to their forever homes sometimes.
Especially if they help you as much as you help them which can be the case. Try to look at it as another little furry life saved.....then put your hand up for a new foster :lol:
I do think it does get easier the more you do.
One thing I really wish I'd done is take at least one pic of every foster, I didn't in the early days & really regret it. I'd love to have an album of all my fosters that I kept adding to.

i dont normally foster he was sort of an accidental one. I am pleased me and louise managed to get them, god only knows where he would be otherwise. So i know we did good in getting them, and i am pleased hes going to have a lovely home thanks to me, louise and the rescue involved.

But i just hope hes okay

Back