• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pinky and Womble Issues

Stufi

Alpha Buck
We have had some great advice here so far so hopefully you can all be fantastic again :wave::wave::D

Due to some rather over the top dominant and fighting behaviour we got our two in to be spayed on Monday. They have been kept apart as advised with adjoining cages so they can stay close.

Now Womble has been turning into a little cow but we had/do hope that the spaying will calm her down (6 weeks after spaying we have been told).

However, we are both getting rather worried about her behaviour. She is no longer toilet trained, is very pushy and has started charging if she doesn't get here own way. More worryingly though is her behaviour towards Pinky. She will actively rattle and force her way through the bars (if there's the tiniest of gaps).

This is also have a knock on effect to Pinky's behaviour as she is gettin very jumpy, and although never a cuddly Rabbit, she is starting to stay as far away from anyone as possible. For some reason Pinky is also almost love sick and will always return to Womble to try and be friends through the bars but Womble will return this with a charge at the bars. We have been changing them into each cage and rotating toilets etc to stop attachment/ownership.

We let them out together for first time today (since op) and within 30secs Womble had attempted to sink her teeth into Pinky.

Has anyone else had experience of this (as we believe this is more than just dominance due to the aggression) and managed to get through it? Does anyone have any advice.

Our plan is to wait until they have their stitches out (next Thurs) and reintroduce them in the giant run outside over the BH weekend but we are open to any other ideas and guidance.

Many Thanks

Stu, Fi and Pinkys Bum :lol:

It does sound alot like hormonal behaviour to me. Poor girls all over the place at the mo! It can take a good few weeks for her hormones to stop raging so stick with it and my bet is you'll start seeing a very gradual improvement in her behaviour. It will take some time for her to get out of her bad habits so patience is they key I'm afraid :( I'd give it a month or so before trying to bond them again so that both are hormone free, grudges are forgotten and the pattern of her attacking Pinky is broken.
Good luck!
xxx

Back