• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog kennels

I think 4ft is wide enough in that type of set-up. However if you get 8ft total length, that will probably be 4ft of kennel and 4ft of run, so the run wouldn't give that much room for running I suppose. 10ft or so total would be even better :)

Is 4ft wide enough on a dog kennel to house 2 bunnies in? I'm thinking of at least 8ft long

:wave: - Me again! Am not thread-stalking you I promise! :oops:

I'd say it's the bare minimum size-wise. If you think about it; it's the same amount of floor space as a 6ft hutch plus 6ft run but you would be able to make better use of space with shelf possibilities / surfaces to jump on and off etc.

But if you could get a slightly bigger set-up obviously it would be better - the 6ft deep option would be ideal I guess but it depends on space and money doesn't it? :p x

ETA: That's a good point in the above post. I wouldn't *personally* be happy with a 4 x 4 run...

How much actual space do you have if you don't mind me asking?

My situation - our patio at one end (where the patio has a couple of steps going down to the garden) only allows for me to have a 4ft front-to-back set-up of any kind. However; further along to the left near to the house I can have a 'deeper' set-up. It's for this reason that I think I'm still going to go for a shed plus aviary (or 3ft run) because I can then have a 6x4 shed with a 6x6 run - I wouldn't be able to do this with a Kennel set-up and I'd prefer a 'squarer' run. I'm hoping we might be able to have a slightly bigger run than that but I'll have to do lots of measuring up and check lol.

Just thought I'd explain my decision process in case it helps you with yours! ;)

I still have to decide between a full-height aviary and a 3ft run - I know which I'd like but John would prefer a lower run. So still have to make more decisions yet!

Was that one we saw the other day 8x4 do you think? Id of said so. That looked big enough for P&P. They medium buns, and would have access to the whole thing 24/7. How much is the price different between 4ft and 6ft wide?

Just had a thought, that'd only be the same size as a 6x4 shed with a 6x2 run attached :?

*mumbles about being jealous* :lol:

ETA: Just looked here, and its only £20 extra for the extra 2ft width :)

http://www.dogandrabbitruns.com/index.php?plu=0000000200&page_id=prod&desc=SINGLE KENNEL AND RUN - DOG KENNELS - VENTURE

Last edited:
If you could fit in a 10 x 4 one i would say that would be better..

thats a 4 x 4 kennel and 6 x 4 run.. whatever you decide though im sure P&P will be very happy and like someone else says you can put sheving and boxes in to lay and leap on - thats what im planning on doing IF my 4 bond .. though I will have the 10 x 6

How much actual space do you have if you don't mind me asking?

My situation - our patio at one end (where the patio has a couple of steps going down to the garden) only allows for me to have a 4ft front-to-back set-up of any kind. However; further along to the left near to the house I can have a 'deeper' set-up. It's for this reason that I think I'm still going to go for a shed plus aviary (or 3ft run) because I can then have a 6x4 shed with a 6x6 run - I wouldn't be able to do this with a Kennel set-up and I'd prefer a 'squarer' run. I'm hoping we might be able to have a slightly bigger run than that but I'll have to do lots of measuring up and check lol.

Just thought I'd explain my decision process in case it helps you with yours! ;)

I still have to decide between a full-height aviary and a 3ft run - I know which I'd like but John would prefer a lower run. So still have to make more decisions yet!

Well, space wise, theres the whole garden thats probably the size of the house wide plus about an extra 4ft, and its probably about 1.5 house widths deep. Sorry, i'm not very good at guestimating things :lol: My dilemma is as follows:

The OH would prefer me to put whatever set up i get on the patio at the top of the garden by the house in a gap thats 5.5ft by 12ft, but then it cant be any higher that about 5ft10 as it will block the kitchen window. I can easily find a kennel to fit here size wise, but i either wont be able to get into the run bit or the kennel bit as there is a little wall that will block it. So i cant have a kennel if it has to go in that space. I have plenty of space elsewhere in the garden to put a bigger kennel, but then it's just the cost of the bigger ones. If i dont get a kennel then I'd get an aviary to fit in the gap on the patio, but I REALLY want a kennel :(

And dont worry about thread stalking, I appreciate the help! :D

The kennel sounds like a brilliant idea :)

Could you start a thread asking about anywhere local to you which may be able to make something to fit the space at a reasonable cost?

Well I asked the OH this morning what size set up I could have and he said whatever size I want :shock:

Now I just need to choose the best set up for them at the best price - help!

Back