• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

could she be pregnant?

Rosiesmummy

Warren Scout
dunno what made me think today about this but my new girl Sasha was born 21/11 and when we picked her up on friday she was in with all the litter which included bucks :shock: is their a chance she could be pregnant ? or am i being totally silly and that she could,nt get caught so young? i,ve done a bit off googling and their is mixed answers on this :roll:

dunno what made me think today about this but my new girl Sasha was born 21/11 and when we picked her up on friday she was in with all the litter which included bucks :shock: is their a chance she could be pregnant ? or am i being totally silly and that she could,nt get caught so young? i,ve done a bit off googling and their is mixed answers on this :roll:

she could yeah!!! silly people keeping them all together. Normally minimum of 4 months for sexual maturity for girls- its close but possible as the boys take 3 months!

There is an outside chance but at just over 4 months and her being a large breed Rabbit its not likely.

You do need to keep her seperate from your recently neutered Buck though. Some Vets say 2 weeks post castration, some 4. I'd err on the side of caution and not introduce them for 4 weeks.

ETA - Of course if you dont know for certain her DOB then she may be older than 4 months and the likelihood of pregnancy would be greater

Last edited:
thanks for that i feel a little more relieved now knowing that :)

her D.O.B is definatly correct @ 21/11/09 as Sasha,s litter was born same day as the lady,s litter who told me about her, as she was the one who went down to sex them and help her with them and got one of her other friends to take them for rehoming

spoke to vet about sasha and asked about bonding and if i should get her spayed now before bonding with Blaze and strangely enough he told me to see how they bond first before paying the £85 spaying fee because i want them to be able to live together, which shocked me as i thought they would say yes just for the money like alot of vets do :shock:

also speaking on mixed answers my vet told me to give it a week before i try to bond them :?

thanks for that i feel a little more relieved now knowing that :)

her D.O.B is definatly correct @ 21/11/09 as Sasha,s litter was born same day as the lady,s litter who told me about her, as she was the one who went down to sex them and help her with them and got one of her other friends to take them for rehoming

spoke to vet about sasha and asked about bonding and if i should get her spayed now before bonding with Blaze and strangely enough he told me to see how they bond first before paying the £85 spaying fee because i want them to be able to live together, which shocked me as i thought they would say yes just for the money like alot of vets do :shock:

also speaking on mixed answers my vet told me to give it a week before i try to bond them :?

the vet doesn't sound very knowledgeable. bonding is best done with all rabbits neutered as hormones get in the way and can prevent bonding. also spaying prevents uterine cancer (which occurs in 85% of unspayed female rabbits) and it is better all round to get it done.

Back