• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tortoise Pictures

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Here are some pics of Jovanna... had her nearly 2 weeks now :)

Scuse the mess :oops:
24109_10150142423255375_591175374_11559120_3013898_n.jpg

24109_10150142422825375_591175374_11559101_4001720_n.jpg

24109_10150141615860375_591175374_11538114_5660836_n.jpg

Oh how beautiful :love::love::love:
What species is he/she.
I'm just wondering whether the (? scutes) of the shell are a little domed, which is common in baby tortoises, because breeders often feed them with too high nutrients to get them to grow faster.

What species is he/she.
I'm just wondering whether the (? scutes) of the shell are a little domed, which is common in baby tortoises, because breeders often feed them with too high nutrients to get them to grow faster.
ETA It's difficult to see because of the beautiful colouring.

What species is he/she.
ETA It's difficult to see because of the beautiful colouring.

Sorry but breeders don't overfeed their tortoises to get them to grow faster :?. Fast growth is attributed to bad health and tortoise breeders particularly take great pride in growing their babies as slow and smooth as possible. I can definitely say that from experience ;)
Helen xx

She is a Leopard tortoise. about 5-6 years old.. Yes her scutes are a bit raised (pyramiding) this was because before she came to me she was fed pellets and all the bad stuff that she shouldnt have been fed on. I am now in the process of weaning her onto a weeds and hay/grass diet which is what this species needs :love:

Yes they do well on weeds & grass.
I fostered a 40 year old mediterranean spur thighed male, Timmy for a summer. He worked out where the patio doors were in a few days, & came knocking for his breakfast!

Where do leopard tortoises originate from?

Yes they do well on weeds & grass.
I fostered a 40 year old mediterranean spur thighed male, Timmy for a summer. He worked out where the patio doors were in a few days, & came knocking for his breakfast!

Where do leopard tortoises originate from?

Aww :love:

They come from Africa :)

Awww, how beautiful is she??!!

I agree with the speed thing, I darent take my eye of mine for a second when they are roaming in the garden :shock:

she's gorgeous, shame she's so secretive.. normally comes out to feed when im out and by the time I get home shes tucked up in bed again. really only see her when I get her out for bath time.

Back