• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I can't wake Daisy up!/ She's eating

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
I have no idea whats going on :shock:

She looks like she is a sleep but I can't wake her for her dinner. She is breathing OK, she hasn't collapsed or in a coma and her ears are warm. She is always going crazy for her dinner but nothing :shock:

She did a similar thing the other morning, sleeping so heavily that when I uncovered her for her breakfast she didn't stir. I thought she was dead, but after a few minutes she realised I was there and was up and out like a shot. This time it has been 20 minutes and I can't wake her. I don't want to pick her up incase the shock is too much.:?

On top of that Immy isn't eating and her ears feel really hot. She has never stoped eating before :(

And where is Steve and the car if I need an emergency vet..... Yorkshire :roll:

Last edited:
:( Poor you.

Some bunnies do sleep like that and are hard to wake (thus causing their fair share of heartattacks to owners). I know its not a normal thing for her though. Have you tried wafting her favourite food under her nose?

I hope you find a way to wake her up soon. Its horrible when they sleep like this. I don't know much of her story, but know that she has had a rough time, maybe she is healing/getting better/getting some rest where she hasn't be able to previously?

I sure hope Immy perks up soon too.

She is sort of awake now, but not with it. I haven't seen anything like it :? Something is very wrong :(

She doesn't want her food and isn't really responding to me. Her skin on her hips is shaking really quickly :? I would expect her to be cold but she isn't :?

She isn't on her side or anything, but "sleeping" in the upright position where they tuck their front feet in and disapear into their dewlap

I doubt its her diet as she gets the same as the other 38 and is on SS

I guess a stroke is a possibility but other buns that have had those tend to flop over :?

For those that don't know her, she is 7 years old and was neutered just under 3 weeks ago when we found her passing blood in her urine. She was found to have uterine cancer but her other organs appeared normal during the spay.

She sounds like when I have had buns who have not slept for a while (When Baby arrived he slept for 3 days straight pretty much, Flash slept like this after spending a few hours on alert with a cat in his hutch- I know. It never happened again and we both paid for that, Rosie slept very deeply also for about 3 days), for whatever reason. Has she had a stressful couple of days recently? Maybe she is recharging? (I'm looking for a positive reason knowing full well there may not be, but you're aware of those, so I was suggesting something you may not have thought of).

She sounds like when I have had buns who have not slept for a while (When Baby arrived he slept for 3 days straight pretty much, Flash slept like this after spending a few hours on alert with a cat in his hutch- I know. It never happened again and we both paid for that, Rosie slept very deeply also for about 3 days), for whatever reason. Has she had a stressful couple of days recently? Maybe she is recharging? (I'm looking for a positive reason knowing full well there may not be, but you're aware of those, so I was suggesting something you may not have thought of).

I did try to bond her breifly this week but Frank didn't like her. I have checked her all over for bites but can't find anything.

She was free ranging quite happily in the garden this morning and still eating at 1pm :)

Aww poor thing. I hope she recovers soon. Flopsy is good at giving me heart failure as she goes into really deep sleeps sometimes.
Could you maybe phone the vets and ask their thoughts on her??

If she has a dysrhythmia could she have had access to something like Foxglove or another Digitalis plant ?

No, I removed them years ago once we started getting more buns. we only have a few pots which include Ivy but I go around in the morning and lift them up on to the wheelie bins so she can't get them. The only thing she could have eaten that I can think of is grass where a cat has wee'd because there is no way of knowing where the cats have been.

I have given her some metacam and she has just come out of the sleeping compartment and had a wee in the corner. First time she has moved on her own since around 3pm :)

She is eating :D:D:D:D

She must be in pain with something :? But if it hurt why sleep so heavily??

Will keep a careful eye and get a vet check soon :)

Back