• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ronseal wood treatment/weather protector

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Are wood treatments/weather protector oils toxic to buns? I have something called "sandolin weather protector" here and I'm about to slop it on to Buzz's new hutch but just wanted to make sure it's okay?

I have used sadolin on a hutch before, but not on any areas that might be chewed.

I think cuprinol stains are animal safe...at least I've used their 'ducksback range quite a lot without problems

If it doesn't say it is safe for animals on the tin I wouldn't use it.

I use cuprinol garden shades.

Are wood treatments/weather protector oils toxic to buns? I have something called "sandolin weather protector" here and I'm about to slop it on to Buzz's new hutch but just wanted to make sure it's okay?

Might I respectfully suggest an email to Ronseal to check. You can't be the only person to have used it (or proposed to use it) on a hutch, so they will probably know. They will certainly know the ingredients.:)

Back