• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Eve, xray & possible op tomorrow U/D 29/3 She's gone

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Eve our little BARC bunny who we adopted last January is very poorly at the moment :(

I took her along to see Jane at the vets on Friday as her poorly eye (she came into BARC an ulcerated eye) has started to change. On top of that she has lost quite a bit of weight :( After examining her Jane believes she has a lump under her breast bone which she is not sure if it is a tumour or not :( She is booked in for an xray & possible op tomorrow morning depending on what they find.

She had meds on Friday at the vets & has had more each day to try to keep her comfortable, but I have to say I am scared stiff what tomorrow might bring.

She seemed to pick up on Friday when her meds kicked in, but has gone down hill since. She wouldn't eat anything yesterday - although thankfully this morning she has enjoyed some apple & pear hipps baby food with porridge. She's also munched on some grass, dandelions & rocket.

She's also soaked through with urine & has only passed about 2 poo's since yesterday :(

I'm really worried about her - any vibes you can spare for our little Eve would be very much appreciated please.

Last edited:
Poor Eve and poor you guys.

Sending good thoughts and wishes and vibes and hoping that tomorrow brings some good news for you all.

Good luck for little Eve, hope she is strong enough to pull through. I would lay off the meds tonight though in case she goes under anathestic, although it's tricky I suppose as long as you tell the vet what she has had it might be alright. Fingers crossed she is tough enough to fight back for you x

Good luck for little Eve, hope she is strong enough to pull through. I would lay off the meds tonight though in case she goes under anathestic, although it's tricky I suppose as long as you tell the vet what she has had it might be alright. Fingers crossed she is tough enough to fight back for you x

Thanks guys, really appreciate them.

She's on metacam Vicki, along with fibreplex what Jane our vet advised - she had a gut stimulant on Friday as well. I have to say I'm worried about going under the GA & have even asked myself if it's fair to put her through it at her age - we think she's around 6 1/2 years old.

I'm booked in first thing tomorrow to chat it through further with Jane before - if she advises against a GA then she won't have her op. I feel though we are stuck between a rock & a hard place at the moment - but will follow Jane's advice.

Her pals Arthur & Bracken keep taking it in turns to sit with her - they know she's not well :cry:

Thanks guys, really appreciate them.

She's on metacam Vicki, along with fibreplex what Jane our vet advised - she had a gut stimulant on Friday as well. I have to say I'm worried about going under the GA & have even asked myself if it's fair to put her through it at her age - we think she's around 6 1/2 years old.

I'm booked in first thing tomorrow to chat it through further with Jane before - if she advises against a GA then she won't have her op. I feel though we are stuck between a rock & a hard place at the moment - but will follow Jane's advice.

Her pals Arthur & Bracken keep taking it in turns to sit with her - they know she's not well :cry:

Awww gosh yes I would feel the same, I think you have to trust your vet and go with what they suggest in the knowledge you really are trying to do your best for her. If she is strong enough to make it through she will, if not then maybe it will be for the best to prevent suffering that may get worse and it won't do anyone any good. I feel for you but, you are doing all you can - look after yourself aswell xx

Awww I met Eve a couple of times whilst she was at BARC and thought she was :love:. Sending millions of get well vibes for your gorgeous girl xxx

Back