PDA

View Full Version : Eve, xray & possible op tomorrow U/D 29/3 She's gone

Bunnyaddict
28-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Eve our little BARC bunny who we adopted last January is very poorly at the moment :(

I took her along to see Jane at the vets on Friday as her poorly eye (she came into BARC an ulcerated eye) has started to change. On top of that she has lost quite a bit of weight :( After examining her Jane believes she has a lump under her breast bone which she is not sure if it is a tumour or not :( She is booked in for an xray & possible op tomorrow morning depending on what they find.

She had meds on Friday at the vets & has had more each day to try to keep her comfortable, but I have to say I am scared stiff what tomorrow might bring.

She seemed to pick up on Friday when her meds kicked in, but has gone down hill since. She wouldn't eat anything yesterday - although thankfully this morning she has enjoyed some apple & pear hipps baby food with porridge. She's also munched on some grass, dandelions & rocket.

She's also soaked through with urine & has only passed about 2 poo's since yesterday :(

I'm really worried about her - any vibes you can spare for our little Eve would be very much appreciated please.

Sky-O
28-03-2010, 02:50 PM
Poor Eve and poor you guys.

Sending good thoughts and wishes and vibes and hoping that tomorrow brings some good news for you all.

abbymarysmokey
28-03-2010, 02:51 PM
Sending vibes for Eve xx

donnamt
28-03-2010, 02:52 PM
sending loads and loads of vibes xxxxxxx

FriskyClover
28-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Lots of vibes.

FC x

Hanlou
28-03-2010, 02:53 PM
Poor Eve. :(

Sending lots and lots of vibes for her xx

I really hope she'll be ok.

Bunny Buddy
28-03-2010, 02:54 PM
Sending loads of vibes, no wonder you are scared for her :cry:

hurricanhoney
Sending loads of vibes for the poorly girl.

angeleyes
Sending loads of vibes Denise xxx

Jack's-Jane
28-03-2010, 03:00 PM
Poor Bun :cry:

I hope the Vet can help her xx

VickiP
28-03-2010, 03:03 PM
Good luck for little Eve, hope she is strong enough to pull through. I would lay off the meds tonight though in case she goes under anathestic, although it's tricky I suppose as long as you tell the vet what she has had it might be alright. Fingers crossed she is tough enough to fight back for you x

Bunnyaddict
28-03-2010, 03:10 PM
Good luck for little Eve, hope she is strong enough to pull through. I would lay off the meds tonight though in case she goes under anathestic, although it's tricky I suppose as long as you tell the vet what she has had it might be alright. Fingers crossed she is tough enough to fight back for you x

Thanks guys, really appreciate them.

She's on metacam Vicki, along with fibreplex what Jane our vet advised - she had a gut stimulant on Friday as well. I have to say I'm worried about going under the GA & have even asked myself if it's fair to put her through it at her age - we think she's around 6 1/2 years old.

I'm booked in first thing tomorrow to chat it through further with Jane before - if she advises against a GA then she won't have her op. I feel though we are stuck between a rock & a hard place at the moment - but will follow Jane's advice.

Her pals Arthur & Bracken keep taking it in turns to sit with her - they know she's not well :cry:

bunnymadhouse
28-03-2010, 03:21 PM
awww poor little Eve ...

we will all be thinking of you both tomorrow and hoping for good news ..

xxx

VickiP
28-03-2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys, really appreciate them.

She's on metacam Vicki, along with fibreplex what Jane our vet advised - she had a gut stimulant on Friday as well. I have to say I'm worried about going under the GA & have even asked myself if it's fair to put her through it at her age - we think she's around 6 1/2 years old.

I'm booked in first thing tomorrow to chat it through further with Jane before - if she advises against a GA then she won't have her op. I feel though we are stuck between a rock & a hard place at the moment - but will follow Jane's advice.

Her pals Arthur & Bracken keep taking it in turns to sit with her - they know she's not well :cry:

Awww gosh yes I would feel the same, I think you have to trust your vet and go with what they suggest in the knowledge you really are trying to do your best for her. If she is strong enough to make it through she will, if not then maybe it will be for the best to prevent suffering that may get worse and it won't do anyone any good. I feel for you but, you are doing all you can - look after yourself aswell xx

giantbunnymummy
28-03-2010, 03:52 PM
Sending millions of vibes to little Eve and hoping everything goes well tomorrow for her. What a worry for you :(

Suzanne
28-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Poor girl. :( Hope things are ok tomo.

Bunnyaddict
28-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Thanks guys - really appreciate it.

awww poor little Eve ...

we will all be thinking of you both tomorrow and hoping for good news ..

xxx

I'll text you Angie as soon as I can to let you know how we go on.

antigone
28-03-2010, 07:03 PM
Sending lots of vibes for Eve xxx

drboo
28-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Awww I met Eve a couple of times whilst she was at BARC and thought she was :love:. Sending millions of get well vibes for your gorgeous girl xxx

biscuitblossom
28-03-2010, 07:59 PM
Loads of vibes for Eve....I shall be thinking about her tomorrow.x

Bunnyaddict
28-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Thank you everyone, I'll let you know how we go on with little Eve.

Just don't know what to think for the best at the moment :(

halfpenny
28-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Hope all goes well for her.

helgalush
28-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Hope all goes well for Eve tomorrow. Sending you both lots and lots of vibes.

Maizey
29-03-2010, 07:29 AM
What a worry for you Denise,sending massive vibes for Eve today xxxx

Hunnybunny2007
29-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Sending lots of vibes for Eve this morning, thinking of you both x

Bunnyaddict
29-03-2010, 10:14 AM
Sadly Mark & I were advised by Jane our vet to let Eve go this morning :cry:

She had detoriated again over night & clearly was very poorly :cry: Jane said that sadly an xray wouldn't tell us anything that we didn't already know. The lump Jane could feel was in her opinion inoperable & what ever we did the outcome for Eve would not be positive.

We discussed if we should bring her home to nurse more, but Jane said she thought it kinder to let her go today. Eve wouldn't voluntarily eat & was clearly very weak :cry:

We're both gutted - even though we know we've done the right thing for Eve, it just does not get any easier.

I'm just thankful we were able to give her the last year filled with love, care & lots of bunny friends. She was a little sweetheart & I just wish her time with us could have been longer :cry:

We're taking her to be cremated in a little while, so will post in RB later.

mopsmum
29-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Sadly Mark & I were advised by Jane our vet to let Eve go this morning :cry:

She had detoriated again over night & clearly was very poorly :cry: Jane said that sadly an xray wouldn't tell us anything that we didn't already know. The lump Jane could feel was in her opinion inoperable & what ever we did the outcome for Eve would not be positive.

We discussed if we should bring her home to nurse more, but Jane said she thought it kinder to let her go today. Eve wouldn't voluntarily eat & was clearly very weak :cry:

We're both gutted - even though we know we've done the right thing for Eve, it just does not get any easier.

I'm just thankful we were able to give her the last year filled with love, care & lots of bunny friends. She was a little sweetheart & I just wish her time with us could have been longer :cry:

We're taking her to be cremated in a little while, so will post in RB later.

only just seen this post :( so very very sorry denise xx

helgalush
29-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I am so sorry there was not more that could be done for little Eve and that you had to say goodbye today. Thinking of you at this sad time.

donnamt
29-03-2010, 10:23 AM
im so sorry you didnt get longer with her :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

too many RU bunnies are leaving us. heartbreaking :(:(

Hunnybunny2007
29-03-2010, 10:39 AM
So sorry Denise, hugs to you and Mark x

Hugo's There
29-03-2010, 10:53 AM
So sorry :cry::cry:

biscandmatt1
29-03-2010, 10:55 AM
i am so sorry :cry:

binky free xxx

Bunnyaddict
29-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Thanks guys - Eve is in with Arthur & Bracken at the moment so they know she's gone :cry: Bracken is frantically washing her - it breaks my heart because they were such a happy little trio of oldies :cry: Life is just so very cruel at times.

biscuitblossom
29-03-2010, 10:58 AM
Oh Denise I'm so sorry.xx

Suzanne
29-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Thanks guys - Eve is in with Arthur & Bracken at the moment so they know she's gone :cry: Bracken is frantically washing her - it breaks my heart because they were such a happy little trio of oldies :cry: Life is just so very cruel at times.

This just brought a tear to my eye. So sorry Denise :(

KarenM
29-03-2010, 11:21 AM
Oh Denise, I don't know how I managed to miss this thread until now. :( I'm so sorry you had to let Eve go :cry: but you did absolutely everything you could and she will have had a wonderful life with you. Sleep tight Eve. xx

poppymoon
29-03-2010, 11:51 AM
i've only just seen this thread. i'm so sorry to hear about eve:( xxx

angeleyes
29-03-2010, 11:53 AM
So sorry Denise, can't believe she has gone this morning too :cry:

giantbunnymummy
29-03-2010, 11:56 AM
I'm so very sorry Denise :cry:

Sending noserubs to poor Arthur and Bracken.

TeflonsShadow
29-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I am so sorry :( xxx

bunnymadhouse
29-03-2010, 01:06 PM

:( :( :( :(

Jack's-Jane
29-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh goodness I am sorry Denise :cry:

Binky Free Eve xx

happybun
29-03-2010, 01:35 PM
i am so sorry.

Hanlou
29-03-2010, 02:57 PM
I am so very sorry xx :cry:

Fran
29-03-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm so sorry Denise :cry: Thinking of you xx

Bunnyaddict
29-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you everyone, I really appreciate your kind thoughts - I've added a tribute to RB about Eve.

So sorry Denise, can't believe she has gone this morning too :cry:

I know Katie, I can't either hun - an awful, awful day. Eve, Lionel & Maddox will be having fun I'm sure at the bridge, big hugs to you hun & snuggles to Lolly xxxx

drboo
29-03-2010, 05:41 PM
I am so sorry xxx

antigone
29-03-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm so sorry. :cry:

FriskyClover
29-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I'm so sorry.

Hugs,

FC x

Maizey