• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

converting shed

milly100

Alpha Buck
We have a very large wooden garage which is only used for storing junk in!! So we have decided to convert it into a home for the bunnies. They will have absolutely stacks of room. It has electricity over there so I will be able to have a heater on in the winter for them and before the winter returns again I will insulate it more. Before I can start work on it I need to sweet talk my brother who is a joiner to fit a windown in it as there are no windows.

A few questions:
Do wooden sheds get very warm in the summer??
When would it be ok to move the buns outside?? They are currently house buns.
My main concern is I don't want the buns just to live in the shed and not have much contact with us. So how do people with outdoor buns make sure that they spend time with their buns??

Any help would be great.

My lot are fine in the shed - I would try and make sure you have some sort of ventilation in it

With regards to spending time I have a small stool out there that I sit on for cuddles

My lot are fine in the shed - I would try and make sure you have some sort of ventilation in it
With regards to spending time I have a small stool out there that I sit on for cuddles

I echo this as otherwise you might end up with a mould problem like we have :(

Back