• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

:'( - anyone successfully got thier bun to pee in a tray of balls before?-FAILED

donnamt

Wise Old Thumper
well ive just split the cage... pearl almost got into the littertray with the little balls but slipped and paniced so i dont expect a pee sample :cry::cry:

they are both really upset at the change and i feel so evil (yet again) :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
she thinks im punishing her.. shes really upset and is not going near the tray... how long am i supposed to do this for before i have to accept she will not pee in a tray of balls :? :(

If I were you, I'd line the tray with a few sheets of kitchen towel (maybe even a tiny amount of hay in one corner to encourage her?). When she's peed, just wring them out and get it that way. I expect she'd be happier with that.

If I were you, I'd line the tray with a few sheets of kitchen towel (maybe even a tiny amount of hay in one corner to encourage her?). When she's peed, just wring them out and get it that way. I expect she'd be happier with that.

is that allowed? im not even allowed to put hay into the tray because it can affect the results. oh and i got no kitchen roll :oops: no cash to go to the corner shop :oops:

Just leave the tray empty and put her hay in front of it so she can still nibble - use a syringe - I got Nessie's urine sample by taking the tray out and she wee'd eventually on the lino and I was able to syringe it. Very difficult if they think you are waiting for it, try to act normal and just check now and again.

ive sort of wegded the tray so that its on a recline and ive put the balls as far back in the tray as i can, hay is on the floor at the front of the tray. i should of get her at the back bit of the cage so the tray could be where it usually is but alvin dived into the carrier and poor pearl got the other half...

im hoping she doesnt hold onto it if she needs to pee, im worried that will do more damage than good to the organs the vet wants to test.. ive left her to it now and will give the diruetics a bit earlier see if that makes her pee..

i hate being a bunny mum, all i do is feel cruel to them :roll:

ive sort of wegded the tray so that its on a recline and ive put the balls as far back in the tray as i can, hay is on the floor at the front of the tray. i should of get her at the back bit of the cage so the tray could be where it usually is but alvin dived into the carrier and poor pearl got the other half...

im hoping she doesnt hold onto it if she needs to pee, im worried that will do more damage than good to the organs the vet wants to test.. ive left her to it now and will give the diruetics a bit earlier see if that makes her pee..

i hate being a bunny mum, all i do is feel cruel to them :roll:

Personally I would keep it as normal as possible but, leave her an empty tray - if it's different in anyway she will stress, I would have thought diruetics would interfere with the results aswell:?

does it have to be balls? mine love to use a tray with small pebbles in...you get loads of pee at the base, which is why i don't offer them the opportunity very often.

Personally I would keep it as normal as possible but, leave her an empty tray - if it's different in anyway she will stress, I would have thought diruetics would interfere with the results aswell:?

thats the whole point we need to know what the diruetics are doing to her before the vet reviews the amount she is getting.

i cant leave it normal i have to seperate them to get only her pee

does it have to be balls? mine love to use a tray with small pebbles in...you get loads of pee at the base, which is why i don't offer them the opportunity very often.

it was a litter stuff the vets gave me to use.. little plastic balls with a testube thing and a dropper to gather the pee

thats the whole point we need to know what the diruetics are doing to her before the vet reviews the amount she is getting.

i cant leave it normal i have to seperate them to get only her pee

Oh OK - I would still keep her little area normal - I don't see the plastic balls working personally, I would have thought an empty tray would be better, hope if you leave her for a while she might surprise you ;)

Oh OK - I would still keep her little area normal - I don't see the plastic balls working personally, I would have thought an empty tray would be better, hope if you leave her for a while she might surprise you ;)

i *think* 5pm is her litter stop so fingers crossed i get pee then, if not ill lose the balls.. i didnt want her to get pee on her feet tho :(.. ill have a breakdown if this goes on into the evening.. Alvin will whoop my ass if they dont get thier out time :(

oooooh headache.

how else can they test her organs function if i cant get pee :oops:

i *think* 5pm is her litter stop so fingers crossed i get pee then, if not ill lose the balls.. i didnt want her to get pee on her feet tho :(.. ill have a breakdown if this goes on into the evening.. Alvin will whoop my ass if they dont get thier out time :(

oooooh headache.

how else can they test her organs function if i cant get pee :oops:

She will, stop stressing - give her a nice bowl of cooled boiled water and leave her, they are quick at getting out of the tray before the pee runs towards the feet, just put an old towel outside the tray and she will jump on that when she is done. Fingers crossed for you but, think positive!

She will, stop stressing - give her a nice bowl of cooled boiled water and leave her, they are quick at getting out of the tray before the pee runs towards the feet, just put an old towel outside the tray and she will jump on that when she is done. Fingers crossed for you but, think positive!

thankyou :D

Sometimes you need to wait hours for them to do it unfortunately....and then they'll do it just as you're about to give up :roll:

Try not to worry...if the vet really needs a sample of urine, it can be expressed manually or done with a needle directly from the bladder.

What is being tested? Maybe a blood sample would be an acceptable alternative?

Sending lots of peeing vibes!

Sometimes you need to wait hours for them to do it unfortunately....and then they'll do it just as you're about to give up :roll:

Try not to worry...if the vet really needs a sample of urine, it can be expressed manually or done with a needle directly from the bladder.

What is being tested? Maybe a blood sample would be an acceptable alternative?

Sending lots of peeing vibes!

a needle... :shock::shock: i guess thats what she meant by discussing options :shock::shock:

i think its the kidneys because of the really high dose or diruretics shes on (0.5ml x3 daily and its the 50mg one). if her kidneys are functioning ok she may let me up the diruetics a little bit more to help shift more fluid before the dreaded end comes.

Sending wee wee vibes - how about running water later on so she can hear it- it works for me :lol: Seriously though, stay chilled - she will have to sooner or later;)

Be careful with those balls one of my rabbits ate them :shock:

I usually let them hop about the room with a new small litter tray on hand and when I see them lift their tail just shove the tray under :lol:

Sending wee wee vibes - how about running water later on - it works for me :lol: Seriously though, stay chilled - she will have to sooner or later;)

i know but running about in my head is the story of one of elves bunnies cant remeber who it was but they would hold pee all day until they got out and pee'ed in thier special spot :shock:... not panicing yet. just feel mean at seperating them... Alvin got the carrier so hes happy but after 6pm will be a different story.. he batters the cage if he dont get out :roll:

Back