• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

deleted

contact all the local rescues and see if they have space availbale i did this when i found a rather distressing free ad.

unfortunatly hun you cant save them all even rescues will tell you this, your obviously in no way after you thread teh other day to take on any more animals.

I know its hard but try stay off free ads if you dont go on then you can get upset.

I'm working on it now, hopefully get this rabbit somewhere clean and safe!

I know i can't save them all :cry: There's ALWAYS more desperately needing someone to save them. But i'll always try.

I do avoid freeads most of the time, was just looking for any bits and bobs that could be of use for the animals, when i saw the ad :(

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220601

Lillian PLEASE think of the animals you already have.
I am NOT being nasty, I know EXACTLY what it's like to see a Bun in need and not be able to help. BUT we really can get ourselves into a BIG mess if we keep taking in more and more :cry:

agreed.

I'm sorry, but if you can't afford it then you can't afford it. You need to think of the animals you already have They need you too. You don't want to end up in a situation where your current buns suffer. :(

Hope you can contact a rescue that might be able to help.:)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=220601

Lillian PLEASE think of the animals you already have.
I am NOT being nasty, I know EXACTLY what it's like to see a Bun in need and not be able to help. BUT we really can get ourselves into a BIG mess if we keep taking in more and more :cry:

I agree with Jane. You have already admitted you cannot cope. I know it is hard but please stop reading the freeadds there will always be one more bunny that needs help.

I'm afraid I agree too....... but I can empathise. I went on Preloved the other day to scout about for any cheap large hutches / playhouses etc but instead ended up finding tons of depressing ads advertising rabbits cheap or free with 'large' 3ft hutches..... :cry:

My husband saw an ad. yesterday for 2 gerbils free to a good home. I'd love to take them on and have been thinking about them ever since but at the same time I've only just got things sorted in terms of places for cages etc. for the small animals I have! :p x

awww hun i agre with jacks-jane, you are already struggling financially and emotionally with those you have at the moment, sadly there will always be animals in need, but we cannot help them all by taking them in, as much as we'd love to, hugs

awww hun i agre with jacks-jane, you are already struggling financially and emotionally with those you have at the moment, sadly there will always be animals in need, but we cannot help them all by taking them in, as much as we'd love to, hugs

'Tis hard to accept I know but, it's absolutely right, you just cannot save them all. Concentrate on the ones you have, you are still making a big difference to them!

thats good news :)

I know how much you want to help hun and its brilliant that you want to, but you dont want to end up in a situation where all the good will in the world has left you struggling to cope so then you need to be helped too.

Just dont let your heart rule your head :) xxx

Awwhh, sounds like you're in the same posistion as me when I spotted Jovie on the local classifieds. I had to help him! I don't know if you saw the thread or not but I ended up getting Jovie (a badly matted and battle scarred cashmere lop) from a hideous breeder woman, taking him up to Bischester to meet his foster mummy Madea, who's also an RU member and he is going/has gone to Jill at Honey Bunnies in Leicester to look for his forever home. It was a mission and a half but once I'd got it into my head that I had to help him, that was all I could think about.

Slightly off subject but it might make you feel like you're doing a little more to help.... You could do what I did recently and make an 'anti free-ads advert'. I've popped a few on my local site - One about rabbit welfare and the things that need to be considered before buying a rabbit. One about hutch size recommendations (there was a spate of three foot 'rabbit' hutches) and one about the Make Mine Chocolate campaign - which I posted after seeing an advert from Jovie's old owner advertising 'Easter bunnies' :evil: (incidentally, she hasn't sold a single one yet ;)). I know it's not the same as actually rescuing a rabbit but, personally, I feel that if one person looks at the MMC ad or the hutch size ad and decides not to buy a rabbit with a piddly little hutch, it's a welfare victory! :wave:

Back