• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh s**t.... Winter just stole some chocolate!!

I would keep and eye on her and give her plenty of hay, certainly for dogs it is dark chocolate that is really dangerous and would assume it is the same for other animals.

I would keep and eye on her and give her plenty of hay, certainly for dogs it is dark chocolate that is really dangerous and would assume it is the same for other animals.

It wasnt dark choc, and she eats millions of hay so I hope she should be ok... damn OH left the choco on the sofa and let the buns out and she has such an amazing nose..... Urgh!!

A bite doesn't harm them, it's a certain amount per size of the animal when it becomes deadly (in humans it's something like 26lbs).

So a little bit'll be fine, just keep an eye on her eating but I really wouldn't worry :)

A bite doesn't harm them, it's a certain amount per size of the animal when it becomes deadly (in humans it's something like 26lbs).

So a little bit'll be fine, just keep an eye on her eating but I really wouldn't worry :)

Mmmmm 26 lbs of chocolate....:D:lol:

Winter will be fine. Chocolate is dangerous for dogs because they're carnivorous and aren't designed to cope with plants and their chemicals. Whereas rabbits can eat all manner of plants and are a lot more tolerant of plant-chemicals. You'll have to be careful now :shock: she's had a taste of it so I'd hide your chocci out of sight now :lol::lol:
Helen xx

Strawberry has eaten worse and lived to tell the tale. He had a whole finger of kit kat at my Mums the other day. She put it on the side while the phone rang and he jumped up and pinched it!

Strawberry has eaten worse and lived to tell the tale. He had a whole finger of kit kat at my Mums the other day. She put it on the side while the phone rang and he jumped up and pinched it!

Oh no!! Naughty boy, she is still fine, and Rimmi has stolen worse too but I dont doubt their tollerance to such naughty foods is probably individual so I am glad she was fine with it but that doesnt mean she is ever allowed it again.

Guess she was trying to become a chocolate bunny like the ones theyve seen on TV! Hahaha

norty winter :) Id keep an eye on her just in case but twinsen as stolen many a bit of chocolate...she has patrick distract me then jumps on the bed for it :roll:

Ive lert my lesson now and dont let the fuzzy cute bunny distract me :lol:

norty winter :) Id keep an eye on her just in case but twinsen as stolen many a bit of chocolate...she has patrick distract me then jumps on the bed for it :roll:

Ive lert my lesson now and dont let the fuzzy cute bunny distract me :lol:

Yes, well, you would think I would be used to it.... considering Rimmi is the WORST food thief in the world, I think he has a uni degree in it :shock: but the OH left the chocolate behind my laptop screen and I was away in fairy land before I noticed a rustle and Winter was staring at me while she chewed something and then put her head down for me.... cheeky wench.

She spent the next hour trampling me trying to find it!! Guess I aught to get them some bunny chocolate to stop them stealing mine!!!!!!

Back