• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pets at Home adoption buns

weedug

Mama Doe
Has anyone taken on a Pets at Home adoption bun? My Pets at Home have quite a few in, including one who is getting over an operation to drain an abscess on the lower back region.

Last edited by a moderator:
:wave: meee! Although he was in the adoption bit as he had been there scince before christmas (3/4 months) not someone giving him in

Yes. I rehomed George from BARC and thought he seemed lonely so wanted to get him a wife. The local rescues didn't have anybun suitable so I went in PAH to get some cat food and there was a George look-a-like but with lop ears - and a female. It was just meant to be.

George and Gemma are now very happily bonded and living in Wedded Bliss :love:

I adopted a giant bun and a male bun from there. They even neutered the male bun for me. There both full of affection.:love:

Thanks for the replies! I have been thinking of taking one as they have a couple who are really cute. They even have a neutered male, but I think he may be there because he was spraying :)censored:), which was why they neutered him. Some of the poor buns have had operations, so at least P@H are taking some responsiblity for them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the most wonderful rex from PaH adoption. He was just..... brilliant!! (Had been brought in with "wife" and two daughters. They kept mum and babies together out back to keep them happy when they were young (and didn't even put them with the "pet shop" bunnies when they were old enough).

I saw Max and couldn't resist him. Then he suddenly died one day. :( I'm just glad that I gave him a happy home for a few months. :love::love: ...even if it did break my heart!

My Wilmy was from p@h, 2 years old, not neutered, handed in cos the kids got bored, he's the friendliest little bun, 4years old now, I love him v much although I got some v dodgy advice that I chose to ignore, lol x

Wiggles was found as a stray and handed in and adopted through PAH, she was a bit funny at first but she's a little cracker now. O/H calls her the nutty professor, Chaos came from an unexpected litter they had in store and he was put in adoption, and Moo was adopted because she's "aggressive"

Earl is a P@H adopted bun. He is a dental bun, no incisors- his old owners couldnt care for him any more! He is great........

I called in the Barnsley P@H at the weekend cos I was being nosey & needed to go to Focus next door:oops::lol:

I was looking at an adoption bun - one of the P@H employees was talking about an adoption bun (a harlequin uppy-eared). When asked why it was in the adoption area - he told a woman with a young child, that it was a year old & had just got too big. 5 mins later, he told another woman that it had been returned for being aggressive:? She rightly pointed out that bunny boy needed neutering, & that might help, & he said "there's no way of telling if it's done or not":roll:

Thanks for the replies! I have been thinking of taking one as they have a couple who are really cute. They even have a neutered male, but I think he may be there because he was spraying :)censored:), which was why they neutered him. Some of the poor buns have had operations, so at least P@H are taking some responsiblity for them!

We take a lot of responsibility for our adoption animals. I adopted Frank from my store. He cost us a fortune to get him to good health after being brought in with his teeth grown up and down into his gums.

I called in the Barnsley P@H at the weekend cos I was being nosey & needed to go to Focus next door:oops::lol:

I was looking at an adoption bun - one of the P@H employees was talking about an adoption bun (a harlequin uppy-eared). When asked why it was in the adoption area - he told a woman with a young child, that it was a year old & had just got too big. 5 mins later, he told another woman that it had been returned for being aggressive:? She rightly pointed out that bunny boy needed neutering, & that might help, & he said "there's no way of telling if it's done or not":roll:

Well he would have his plums missing for a start :roll::roll::roll:

PAH stores do vary depending on the staff in them

We are lucky in that our local one is very good
Although I'm sure individuals can still make mistakes or fail to give out the correct info 100% of the time, The staff are well trained and knowledgable.

We have seen a dramatic reduction in animals being handed in to us which originate from there. This may be partly due to the fact they have their own adoption section, but I also think they do sell more responsibly than they used to.

I know the Leics store has paid out for ops on several adoption rabbits and has neutered some..a good step forward.

Robinia and Willow came from the adoption section at my P@H. They were two sisters who had been homed twice and brought back twice for fighting - they needed beutering but the P@H wouldn't do it and just said next time they would have to go to live alone:(

So I adopted them.

I didn't adopt it but took a British Giant in of them as it was taken back to the store because she was aggressive. Somebody phoned me up as they were worried about her. So I phoned the store and they let me have her. She is a big softy.

I also emailed P@H head office last year as I took 3 Giants off three different people withinn 2weeks as these people were given the wrong information. I emailed asking if they would help out with some of the costs as they sell them for £130 each so make a profit but it cost my rescue £100 per rabbit to neuter and vacs. One of the rabbits actually cost the rescue £235 as it had severe digestive problems and the owner had only had it 2 weeks before she brought it to me.The answer i got back was 'NO' at least they make a profit when they sell animals.

Yes Joe is an adoption bun from PAH in York, he'd had respiratory problems due to being allergic to woodshavings and by the time he was better i think he was probably just too "old" to sell in the normal bit, i absolutely love him to bits, and can't help looking at the adoption bit every time we either go to thw York branch or the local one in Wakefield, I have to get dragged away by my other half, if it was down to me we'd have a houseful :D I must say i've heard some pretty awful things about pets at home, but when we got Joe we were (quite rightly) given a right grilling before they'd let us take him and got lots of good advice so i think as others have said it's the individual staff that make all the difference.

Back