• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

head lamps and tent pegs

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
I know no one wants to be thinking about the dark nights at the minute.

However, The pound shop (I think it is the pound world, the blue one) currently has camping gear in, Which includes head lamps and tent pegs.

I definatley recommend the head lamp. I paid £8 for mine from halford and it worked for about 6 months and gave up life :( so this is the perfect replacement. It takes 3 aaa batteries, which are not supplied

The tent pegs are great for securing the metal runs to the ground :)

Thanks. Pound world sell x4 packs of self-adhesive vinyl tiles for anyone who wants to line a hutch. They also do litter trays for £1 too.

Speaking of tent pegs, it's really hard to pitch a tent in the middle of a field when it's pitch dark, particularly if like me, you havn't had much practice pitching that particular tent in the daylight. (sorry that was a bit off topic :oops::lol:)

Thanks. Pound world sell x4 packs of self-adhesive vinyl tiles for anyone who wants to line a hutch. They also do litter trays for £1 too.

I wouldn't reccomend the pound world tiles for wooden hutches unless you stick them down yourself with some strong glue, mine came up after a week or two :roll:

The mottled black ones made great armour as part of my son's Greek Day costume, though. I made a shield out of a larger one I bought for £2.

The head torches are great for checking for head-lice too.:)

Speaking of tent pegs, it's really hard to pitch a tent in the middle of a field when it's pitch dark, particularly if like me, you havn't had much practice pitching that particular tent in the daylight. (sorry that was a bit off topic :oops::lol:)

thats why you take your head torch, you have both hands free and you don't have to hold the torch in your mouth!!

Back