• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

is now the time? (spaying)

Rosiesmummy

Warren Scout
as most of you know Blaze was castrated yesterday and i,m chuffed to say he seams lots better today :) we also homed a wifey bun (Sasha) for him yesterday who is living completely away from Blaze for now. i have been thinking if i should get Sasha spayed as soon as possible so they can both recover at the same time living in separate pens for now , would this make the bonding easier when i put them together if they were both neutered? as i,m also thinking if they bond soon then get get Sasha spayed later down the line would things change after? advice is much appreciated :)

If neutering,its usually about 6 weeks for the fella to become infertile.Lady bun would like just a week or two to become more comfy.
Must admit, I have an unneutered girl with a castrated boy, but thats cos of her health reasons.
Should be a lovely bond,boy and girl!!:wave:

how old is sasha now? vets will usually spay 4-6months of age :wave:
and yes it should make bonding easier if they are both neutered

how old is sasha now? vets will usually spay 4-6months of age :wave:
and yes it should make bonding easier if they are both neutered

:wave: she,s 15 weeks i think d.o.b 21/11/09 ....asked my vet today when i took Blaze back for his post op and he said he would,nt get her done till we know if they bond ok! ( was suprised as i thought he would say yes just to get the quick £85) he said once her hormones kick in and if she gets grouchy then we could get her done then .....now i,m all confused on what to do :roll:

Last edited:
Back