• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Rex or cross Standard?

LionheadLuver

Warren Veteran
Hiya

I got my rabbits from a rescue at 9 weeks. I know they are definitely rexes, but I'm not sure if they are minis, or a cross between mini and standard. They are definitely not full standards as they are too small. They both weigh 2kg. Molly (the black and white) has always looked like a mini, in terms of her face structure and her size (she's slightly smaller than Milly). Milly (the brown and white) has always to me looked like a cross between the two. Her face shape is different to Molly, longer and not as wide, and she's larger in body size too. They were both from the same litter, so could they have been crossed between a mini and a standard rex?

Milly -
DSCN37601.jpg

Molly -
DSCN37551.jpg

DSCN37731.jpg

I would say first ask the rescue as they should know

and second..who cares..they are lovely whatever they are:D
I don't see the need to know:?

depends on mum and dad,

beths mum was a dutch but very small, and so beth is small too, her brothers as i recall were bigger than her

they are rexes deffinatly, unless you know the generations I shouldnt worry,

Didn't you see mum and dad at the rescue? :?

I would say mini-rex. The standard rexes I have seen are bigger and have longer faces.

they could be either . my dylan is a mix of a black lionhead and a grey butterfly and he's an agouti beauty!!

it shouldnt matter what breed they are. You've asked the forum before too :/

Didn't you see mum and dad at the rescue? :?

I would say mini-rex. The standard rexes I have seen are bigger and have longer faces.

no, i only saw the litter. or if mum was in there, i didn't look close at her, and it was near enough 3 years ago, so i can't remember much. i had someone confirm that they are mini rexes, so problem solved. :D

Back