• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter tray destruction.

casu consulto

Mama Doe
Pft. Jack's switched with his obsession of shaking and biting on the cage bars. Now he's destroying his litter tray to get attention. :? He's not eating the plastic, because it's lying in tiny bits everywhere... But he'll need a new one. I can't be with him all the time to stop him, and I can't let him free range all the time because he's a chewing, digging monster.

Can't wait until I can bond him and move him outdoors...! Though I feel a little sorry for which ever bun he ends up with. :roll:

Oooooooh naughty little bunster ;) Sounds like hes abit bored, is he in a decent sized cage with lots of toys etc? Bet he'll love it when hes outside with a bunny friend :D
xxx

Yeah. He's not in a tiny cage and toyless. :lol: Though toys are a total waste on him because he won't touch them, so they sit and get ignored. Even gave him toilet tubes stuffed with hay and pellets, but they've been sat there for a week untouched. He's a little weirdo. He's only happy - and extremely happy - when he's allowed out to free range. But he's destroyed the carpet by the kitchen door, and needs watching constantly, so it just isn't possible to let him out always.

If the weather would warm up or if he'd stop swearing at the bunny I originally intended to bond him with - might need to have a rethink there - then I could evict him.

Have you tried bitterspray? In my experience it works well, but it does need re-doing every couple of hours.

I was considering using some sort of spray. Wasn't sure if lemon juice would work. :oops: Pffttt.

He's a little :censored: - but in a good way! I love him so much, and yet he drives me completely loopy! I bought toys for him specifically. He had his own collection of willow toys, of pine cones, of cardboard... He ignored them all, so they were just meaningless clutter. I thought perhaps if he had a type of hay he could eat more enthusiastically... I've bought over 20 bags of hay, different kinds and the same kinds but different brands. No joy, he picks at the stuff and goes through different tastes day-to-day! He's a diva. My dutch boy bunnies are always demanding diva types...!

Back