• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies favourite herbs

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
With the large number of bunnies we have here ours don't get any herbs, so I have no idea what bunnies favourites are.

I am working on a new invention ;) :lol:

So what are your bunnies favourite herbs please?

I grow all mine. No special attention needed or equipment, some in pots and some grow all over the garden in any old space I can find. I do some smallish pots so that they can be put in the runs as treats. The bunnies scalp them in seconds, it's quite funny.

If you are thinking of doing more biscuits, should you not be using dried herbs?

I used fresh mint in the strawberry hearts and fresh parsley in the carrot crunch :) I didn't think dried herbs would be very appertising for bunnies :?

Thanks for the replies, I though mint, basil, parsley and corriander would be the best ones :)

I used fresh mint in the strawberry hearts and fresh parsley in the carrot crunch :) I didn't think dried herbs would be very appertising for bunnies :?

Thanks for the replies, I though mint, basil, parsley and corriander would be the best ones :)

I agree, most dried herbs aren't very appetising at all. Plus I imagine they are missing the nutrients, so kind of defies the point!

You are right Liz, I would never use the dried herbs for buns even though they are in biscuits, when i have made biscuits before i have always used fresh and stuck them through the blender :D

They obviously get dried out to a point in the oven, but still seem a lot brighter in colour than normal dreid herbs :)

I don't blend the herbs with the fruit just chop it up with the hay :D

Back