• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

wild rabbits

angieb

Mama Doe
We recently came back from center parcs and the amount of friendly wild rabbits was unbelivable. Not only rabbits but their was swans geese squirels, even robbins. :love: Every morning when i was having a ciggy i got mobbed from all the wildlife. :lol:
I got bit from a squirel cause it thought my finger was a nut! It cost me a fortune feeding them all for a week! :lol: :lol:

just thought id post a few pics but there not very good as i didnt like taking them cause they were unsure on the flash. the pictures are not very good cause it was either 6am or evening time......my OH thought i was mad getting up to look at the animals but thats when they all came at once cause they were hungry and i was the first person up to feed them. :lol:

006.jpg

043.jpg

111.jpg

Oh yes the one near Edwinstowe - thought it might be - we don't live far from there. Am not surprised as that one is the original Center Parcs in the UK I do believe so most of the wildlife is probably several generations down the line in terms of being used to people and being tame lol.

Lots of my friends have worked there and all talked about the wildlife there. :D x

Hope you enjoyed your hols anyway.

the one in the lakes used to be a oasis so i am suprised the wildlife there was not as tame??? but yes we had a very good holiday. :)

the one in the lakes used to be a oasis so i am suprised the wildlife there was not as tame??? but yes we had a very good holiday. :)

It hasn't been open nearly as long though and not as a residential place to start with either. My nan and grandad lived in the Lakes (sadly they died far too young a long time ago) so we went there all the time and I remember the Oasis one being built etc. I do love the Lakes - we're going there in May xx :love: xx

there is only red squirrels at the whinfell one too....before that i had never seen a red squirel before....which i find sad. :(
i knew that the sherwood one was the first center parcs opened but i didnt realise that oasis wasnt open as long!
you learn something new every day! :D

Back