• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Waiting for the Vet to Call . . UD He's back!!

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
Hawthorn had to go in for a small op. today to have a large wound cleaned out and stitched up that was inflicted on him during a failed bonding process (Yes we did watch them - but the other bun suddenly latched on).

As ever I am a nervous wreck - i HATE it when they have to have an op. Surely she should have rung by now??????

I desperately love Hawthorn and feel awful that this happened. . which makes the whole thing worse as I feel it was my fault that he is suffering now. .

This was also about his 5th failed bond poor little chap.

Last edited:
I desperately love Hawthorn and feel awful that this happened. . which makes the whole thing worse as I feel it was my fault that he is suffering now.

I can totally identify with that feeling, as I felt exactly the same when Alfie first injured his leg. :( I would have given anything to swap places with him. I've come to realise that it was just an awful accident and I hope you will too.

Sending lots of vibes. Has the vet called?

He's back:D:D:D:D

A bit quiet at present . . and only nibbling a very small bit of cow parsley and dandelions . . the op. took a while apparently as it was nasty, and she also tried to ring us as she needed permission to also patch another wound . . but for some reason the phone did't ring:oops::oops: so she has had to leave it.

Said she has rarely seen such bad wounds from a bonding fight.

Poor Hawthorn . . he was already frightened of other buns. . .now he will be even worse . . but he looks so sad on his own. Pehaps we could get him a mouse?? (JOKE!!!:shock::shock::shock:).

ah bless Hawthorn....:cry:
Im glad hes home where he will feel safe...hope he recovers quickly and may he be blessed wtih a friend soon....bless his little lonely self....

Awww, poor little man. :( I'm glad he's home and hopefully his appetite will be back very soon. :):)

Back