PDA

View Full Version : Gutted :(

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 02:49 PM
fudge and sammy are not working out :( they not bonded and after thinking long and hard with fiance im going to find them both good homes, they have changed alot too since they been neutured they not the same they more layed back and not the little pains i used to have and i dont know how to act with them now they are not fugde or sammy :( its upsetting and fiance feeds them in the morning and notice a big differents.

XMissySJx
26-03-2010, 02:51 PM
why do you have to rehome both of them? If they are not working out as a bonded couple they could both get a new friend each and you have four, or rehome one and get a friend for the other?

All bunnies change as they get older, my domino used to be active and cheeky, now hes almost three hes a lazy little chubby thing, but hes still Domino, and i still love him to bits.

bambi2906
26-03-2010, 02:52 PM
not really got any advice to help you i just wanted to say im sorry you have decided to rehome your babies not to sure i understand your reasons everyone would love laid backed bunnies however it must be hard to come to that decision :(

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 02:54 PM
when i had my 1st rabbit bambi he wasnt neutured i was young when i had him and he was the same till the end, i miss him loads but over night they changed. i dont know if it would work two get a bonded pair from a rescue and see if they will take my boys in and bond them with 2 lonly girls. but i dont know who will do this.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 02:55 PM
i am gutted but i think if i get a bonded pair that is more lively or something i think it would be batter but i cant belive it.

Angie65
26-03-2010, 02:57 PM
Well they were only neutered a month ago, & it's not a week since you said you were bonding:?

I doubt many rescues would rehome to someone who had given up on their own within 4 weeks, but good luck.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 02:59 PM
i have had my boys for 6months and they have been neutured about 5 weeks and i have tryed everyday and fugde is too head storng and sammy is frigthen of him now.

Angie65
26-03-2010, 03:01 PM
i have had my boys for 6months and they have been neutured about 5 weeks and i have tryed everyday and fugde is too head storng and sammy is frigthen of him now.

Probably cos you've tried everyday.

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.

Or rehome if you don't want 'em anymore.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:03 PM

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.

i dont know one resuce that will help with bonding :(

Gem

Completely agree :thumb:

bambi2906
[QUOTE=Angie65;3670025]Probably cos you've tried everyday.

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.QUOTE]

totally agree with that if a big fight starts they have to be separted and let them calm down but as your putting them together everyday they are getting more and more angry.

Angie65

Where are you?

bambi2906
26-03-2010, 03:04 PM

where do you live im sure someone will be able to suggest you a good rescue

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:05 PM
okay
i know this is random but what size hutch they should have seprately?

BB Mommy
26-03-2010, 03:06 PM
Don't you think you may be rushing things a bit?
They've both recently been neutered and have started the bonding process, both of which are stressful to the bun and can change how they behave.

Do you really think its reasonable to expect a living thing to never change? We all grow and change due to either natural changes such as hormones, or environmental changes such as where we live and life experiences etc.

Over time I notice changes in all my animals - some of them become more confident and outgoing, others become lazy or laid back,some develop annoying habits, whilst some develop some very endearing habits - isn't that what life is all about?

If you want a rabbit that doesn't change can I respectfully advise you not to get any more, as they will change - fact!

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:09 PM
Don't you think you may be rushing things a bit?
They've both recently been neutered and have started the bonding process, both of which are stressful to the bun and can change how they behave.

Do you really think its reasonable to expect a living thing to never change? We all grow and change due to either natural changes such as hormones, or environmental changes such as where we live and life experiences etc.

Over time I notice changes in all my animals - some of them become more confident and outgoing, others become lazy or laid back,some develop annoying habits, whilst some develop some very endearing habits - isn't that what life is all about?

If you want a rabbit that doesn't change can I respectfully advise you not to get any more, as they will change - fact!

i didnt know that my od rabbit bambi didnt change one bit that why i think it was wired and i was upset coz i loved them for what they was.

bambi2906
26-03-2010, 03:09 PM
okay
i know this is random but what size hutch they should have seprately?

ideally a 6ftx2ftx2ft with a permanently attatched run which is what ive been told but when there bonded you could get a shed that they could live in

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:10 PM
ideally a 6ftx2ftx2ft with a permanently attatched run which is what ive been told but when there bonded you could get a shed that they could live in

oh mine are both in a 5ft hutch.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:13 PM
i cant get another shed i got a shed coming for my pigs and i got 5 pigs so they going in the big shed. i dont have room for more :(

OriginalFlintstone
26-03-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't really know what to suggest, the only thing I'm thinking is that if I take on a pet, I guarantee that animal a home for it's whole life no matter what its personality turns out like.

There must be a rescue near you somewhere who can help with bonding, maybe it hasn't worked for you as it's not neutral enough.

gemmam
I also don't understand your reasons for rehoming them. As others have said, if you want to keep them and attempt to bond, you are probably best to wait a while and have some help or read up a lot on how to do it.

As for their personalities changing, as I see it you took these bunnies on and should really try to do your best for them even if they aren't the way you'd hoped they'd be. You never really know what an animal's temperament will be like and how it will change over time. I can't imagine a rescue would be keen to let you adopt from them when you haven't really persevered with these two.

bambi2906
if there in 5ft hutches do they have an attached run i read that they a french lops surely they w ould need more space because they are bigger bunnies. what i would do is leave them to calm down for a few weeks take them to a neutral place bond them and then get a bigger hutch for them both and attach a run for them

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 03:20 PM
I'm afraid that I really don't like your mindset that your buns are disposable. If you had children that weren't quite how you'd want them would you ship them off to a foster home and have more? It's such a throwaway attitude. What happens when the other buns you get aren't perfect?

You need to learn to love your buns for who they are. Of course they've changed. They don't have surging hormones, that will have made them very grumpy, and frustrated. They're relaxing into happy rabbits.

Before you try to bond them again then they should have a 6x2ft hutch and a 6x4ft run.

If you do decide to give up on them then please don't get any more buns.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:22 PM
omg i cant belive i didnt know, the pet shops is selling these hutches :(

they dont have a run i let them out when i clean them coz the garden isnt mine and isnt safe.
i dont know what i can do now :( this isnt mine house and i was lucky to get a shed for the pigs coz they was in the house and fiance mam was happy for them to go out side.

XMissySJx
26-03-2010, 03:25 PM
So do you have two french lops, in a 5 foot hutch each with no run?

I cannot imagine putting buns outside with no run.

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 03:25 PM
French lops are the "lazy" breed. ...the Gentle giants. I know temperament isn't breed specific, but I think they have the best personalities out of all buns.

Even if you hadn't had them neutered they'd still probably be bunnies who prefer to flop than to binky....although mine give me some rather bunderful, ground shaking binkies! :love:

You need to spend time with them. They have such a great personality! :love::love:

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:26 PM
I'm afraid that I really don't like your mindset that your buns are disposable. If you had children that weren't quite how you'd want them would you ship them off to a foster home and have more? It's such a throwaway attitude. What happens when the other buns you get aren't perfect?

You need to learn to love your buns for who they are. Of course they've changed. They don't have surging hormones, that will have made them very grumpy, and frustrated. They're relaxing into happy rabbits.

Before you try to bond them again then they should have a 6x2ft hutch and a 6x4ft run.

how can u tell me not to get more bunnies im trying to find out the bets for these boys, i could of turn them down and put them both free and not neutured them i spent money on getting them done that cost 108 and im sorry im not perfect i WISH i know alot more about bunnies and i think if i see this site before having my boys i would of picked a rabbit suitable for myself i took on sammy when he was 12weeks old coz he was skinny and see his bones and now i fatten him and and fudge was a pet shop bunnie i WISH i could see this site and researched what i needed to know i didnt even know rabbit could eat herbs when i had bambi 2000-2008 (pts from tumor) i fed him apples, cabbage, carrots and found out apples are bad for they teeth i didnt know.

i want whats best for these boy and i wish i know they needed a massive hutch if i knew i could of took the one on and got the housing correct i feel bad now im sorry im upsetting you all for this but i didnt know really. i wish i though this all over and i need your help.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:28 PM
So do you have two french lops, in a 5 foot hutch each with no run?

I cannot imagine putting buns outside with no run.

yeah :( i know its sick of me to do so i wish i knew that they needed bigger before getting that hutch. they do go out in the garden when its nice and i clean them.,

gemmam
26-03-2010, 03:29 PM
How big is the shed? In my opinion two french lops have greater need for this space than the guinea pigs, if you can get an alternative set-up in place for the piggies? What are the guinea pigs in now? could the two hutches you have be joined in any way for the guinea pigs, so the bunnies can have the shed if they can be bonded?

(Not saying the piggies don't also need a good amount of space by the way, I just think frenchies in 5ft hutches is pretty urgent).

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:29 PM
i feel bad now and i think its best for me to rehome them and not bother with rabbits again :( my old rabbit was a dwarf loped so he wasnt a large breed IM SORRY EVERYONE who may think im a noob im sorry for this ineed to sort this out its not fair on them.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:31 PM
How big is the shed? In my opinion two french lops have greater need for this space than the guinea pigs, if you can get an alternative set-up in place for the piggies? What are the guinea pigs in now? could the two hutches you have be joined in any way for the guinea pigs, so the bunnies can have the shed if they can be bonded?

(Not saying the piggies don't also need a good amount of space by the way, I just think frenchies in 5ft hutches is pretty urgent).

no i got 5 pigs i got 4 bonded in x2 seprate cages and the one in a cage on her own coz i dont want to put they all in one cage it will be two small i have research my pigs and thats why i just order a shed yesterday for them and they all go in it so me and fiance got roon in the bed room.

LionheadLuver
26-03-2010, 03:31 PM
French lops are huge, so they need a shed ideally with a run, or at least a 7ftx2ftx2ft hutch with an attached run.

really, i don't like that you say they've changed their personality and you don't like them anymore. you sound like a spolit child, sorry but that's the way i feel.

gemmam
26-03-2010, 03:32 PM
What about having your piggies ina threesome and a pair in the hutches? They will still need a run though. And hopefully get the rabbits bonded to live in the shed?

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:33 PM
French lops are huge, so they need a shed ideally with a run, or at least a 7ftx2ftx2ft hutch with an attached run.

really, i don't like that you say they've changed their personality and you don't like them anymore. you sound like a spolit child, sorry but that's the way i feel.

its not that i dont like them anymore they changed soo qiuckly its shocking, my fiance noticed and he is a man how many men notice a change?

and im used two to lively boys the one sammy was sat there when i was smooing him and it was wired.
i love them and wants what best but im not sure whats best for them anymore.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:33 PM
What about having your piggies ina threesome and a pair in the hutches? They will still need a run though. And hopefully get the rabbits bonded to live in the shed?

i got 5 pis and the hutch isnt big enough and i belive the one pig is prego from old owner.

XMissySJx
26-03-2010, 03:34 PM
its not that i dont like them anymore they changed soo qiuckly its shocking, my fiance noticed and he is a man how many men notice a change?

and im used two to lively boys the one sammy was sat there when i was smooing him and it was wired.
i love them and wants what best but im not sure whats best for them anymore.

whether your fiance noticed they were different or not is quite irrelevant. I had a bunny who was vicious and now shes cheey and playful. i had a bunny who was lively and is now as lazy as a rug! my 16 yr old brother noticed, that doesnt make it ok for me not to want them.

if you dont want them anymore, dont have them, its as simple as that. .. at the end of the day!

if you do want them, be patient, try to rebond and improve their set up.

gemmam
26-03-2010, 03:35 PM
A 5x2 hutch is fine for two piggies. Bit of a stretch for three I agree but maybe ok as an interim measure. A hutch this size is definitely better suited to two or three guinea pigs than a very large breed of rabbit.

LionheadLuver
26-03-2010, 03:35 PM
whether your fiance noticed they were different or not is quite irrelevant. I had a bunny who was vicious and now shes cheey and playful. i had a bunny who was lively and is now as lazy as a rug! my 16 yr old brother noticed, that doesnt make it ok for me not to want them.

if you dont want them anymore, dont have them, its as simple as that. .. at the end of the day!

:thumb: exactly what i think.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:36 PM

like i sed i love them, i dont have a correct set-up now so i need to sort that out and dont now where im going to start,.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:37 PM
A 5x2 hutch is fine for two piggies. Bit of a stretch for three I agree but maybe ok as an interim measure. A hutch this size is definitely better suited to two or three guinea pigs than a very large breed of rabbit.

its still the same i got to sort set-up for rabbit even if i oput pigs in hutch ill still have to sort it out.

OriginalFlintstone
26-03-2010, 03:38 PM
This is going to come out harsh, and I don't mean it too.

These rabbits are in a bad situation and the only person to blame is yourself. From what I've read you bought 2 large breed rabbits from a shop with an inadequate hutch? Although the pet shop are wrong for selling in the first place, did you not think it would have been a good idea to research these animals before you thought about buying them so you could have made an informed decision. Theres nothing wrong with your rabbits, they are typical neutered male rabbits - chilled and lazy, you just don't like them!

The problem you have now is to either sort them out adequate housing to suit there needs, or donate them to one of the many overflowing rescues in the country who have to deal with attitudes such as this day in, day out

XMissySJx
26-03-2010, 03:38 PM
its still the same i got to sort set-up for rabbit even if i oput pigs in hutch ill still have to sort it out.

if you can change something for the rabbits in less than a week, then its probably not worth moving them around. However, if its going to take longer, its better to temporarily put the guinea pigs in slightly too small accomodation, then put the rabbits in far too small accomodation.

gemmam
26-03-2010, 03:39 PM

The rabbits can have the shed? Preferably with a run attched.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:39 PM
This is going to come out harsh, and I don't mean it too.

These rabbits are in a bad situation and the only person to blame is yourself. From what I've read you bought 2 large breed rabbits from a shop with an inadequate hutch? Although the pet shop are wrong for selling in the first place, did you not think it would have been a good idea to research these animals before you thought about buying them so you could have made an informed decision. Theres nothing wrong with your rabbits, they are typical neutered male rabbits - chilled and lazy, you just don't like them!

The problem you have now is to either sort them out adequate housing to suit there needs, or donate them to one of the many overflowing rescues in the country who have to deal with attitudes such as this day in, day out

no i understand,
sammy i got from a people he was underweight.
but i had a rabbit before and though it was okay i was WORNG. and i wish i came here 1st before doing this.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:40 PM
The rabbits can have the shed? Preferably with a run attched.

with what run?

i thi its best to rehome them its going to cost more and the out come could ntoi work anyway. :(

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:42 PM
im going offline i will not come back on here i dont want to upset anymore im sorry again and i will find them homes someone who will give them better care than me.

thanks for the advice sorry

gemmam
26-03-2010, 03:46 PM
with what run?

i thi its best to rehome them its going to cost more and the out come could ntoi work anyway. :(

A run that you would buy in order to give your rabbits the space and quality of life they need.

I feel as though you really want to have them rehomed, so if that is what you want then you should do it. If you want to keep them, you will find lots of ideas here on how to look after them well.

Yes, appropriate rabbit set ups cost a fair bit of money, but that is part and parcel of owning them. I'm not saying everyone has the money to go and get a huge set-up straight away if you hadn't realised that's what they would need, but if you want to keep them and give them a good life, then you could add to their set up over the next few weeks/months.

If not, I hope you can find an excellent home for them.

poppymoon
26-03-2010, 03:47 PM
I'm sorry you're having problems. If you need to rehome your rabbits, pm soad-forum moderator.
I have pigs and buns too but mine are house rabbits so I haven't had the issue of being sold a Hutch too small for them but I am aware of the Hutches currently being sold with some rabbits that will grow pretty big following a trip to a garden centre today.?

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 03:48 PM
deleted. I think you've made up your mind. Good luck rehoming them.:)

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 03:51 PM
if i cant afford to spend more money now i do think its best and i wont get anymore. thanks for the replys

areia
26-03-2010, 03:57 PM
the one thing ive noticed even ive asked is the area you live in, you havent answered that we dont need to know exactly were you live or street name etc, but if you let us know an area we could help you find some assistance with say a rescue, or even a bonder or temp boarder until you get yourself sorted

there are quite alot of people on here who will help,

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 04:00 PM
the one thing ive noticed even ive asked is the area you live in, you havent answered that we dont need to know exactly were you live or street name etc, but if you let us know an area we could help you find some assistance with say a rescue, or even a bonder or temp boarder until you get yourself sorted

Wales somewhere...she said in a different post.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 04:01 PM

wales blackwood

i have posted

XMissySJx
26-03-2010, 04:25 PM
I just want to add - people are not annoyed because you havent got the right accomodation, its your attitude of "theyve changed, i dont want them anymore"

When i first came on here one of my bunnies was in a 5 foot hutch, and the other a 4 foot. I can admit it, because i came on here, not knowing anything, and found out information. I researched, and changed their accomodation for the better.

It cost me alot of money, i had to buy all new set ups, because I was in the wrong. I did it asap and they got six foot hutches, but now they have a shed. its not like...you didnt know so everyone is annoyed, its your lack of wanting to improve their lives when its going to cost you money that i thin has got everyones backs up.

When you take on an animal you make a commitment for life

Becca24
26-03-2010, 04:38 PM
Hi everyone

I am new to this site, and after reading this thread almost wondered if I wanted to do as some people seemed very harsh in their repsonses, i.e throwing insults.

I have kept rabbits all my life, apart from the break when I had a baby instead. I still don't know everything there is to know and every day I learn something new. I wanted to join this site as I now have a new bunny (the first since raising my daughter) and wanted to talk to other like minded people and gather advice and info and raising this bun the best way possible.

I think you have done the right thing by asking for advice and some people have from what I have seen give you good advice and others have not even attempted to help you.

Rabbits change just as much as humans do, and I understand that you got used to them in one way and now they are different but if you have patience with them soon you will get used to how they are now and should hopefully be very loving bunnies. You done the best by them having them neutered and if you really want to give them a chance be the pets you want them to be then spend a little time, effort and unfortunately money and get their housing sorted and see what you results you get. I cant help with bonding though!!

If, however, you really dont feel these buns are for you then the best thing to do is find either one or both a loving new home as that is what they deserve.

I am very sorry for the lenghty post and as is probably not a good start for getting on with people, but I just had to say that.

Give it some good thought, that all I would say.

Good luck

x

areia
26-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Hi everyone

I am new to this site, and after reading this thread almost wondered if I wanted to do as some people seemed very harsh in their repsonses, i.e throwing insults.

I have kept rabbits all my life, apart from the break when I had a baby instead. I still don't know everything there is to know and every day I learn something new. I wanted to join this site as I now have a new bunny (the first since raising my daughter) and wanted to talk to other like minded people and gather advice and info and raising this bun the best way possible.

I think you have done the right thing by asking for advice and some people have from what I have seen give you good advice and others have not even attempted to help you.

Rabbits change just as much as humans do, and I understand that you got used to them in one way and now they are different but if you have patience with them soon you will get used to how they are now and should hopefully be very loving bunnies. You done the best by them having them neutered and if you really want to give them a chance be the pets you want them to be then spend a little time, effort and unfortunately money and get their housing sorted and see what you results you get. I cant help with bonding though!!

If, however, you really dont feel these buns are for you then the best thing to do is find either one or both a loving new home as that is what they deserve.

I am very sorry for the lenghty post and as is probably not a good start for getting on with people, but I just had to say that.

Good luck

x

no your fine welcome, i do agree as the poster above your comment wrote, while help is indeed needed, its how the original thread was worded thats got people,

i think the op should be really happy shes got well chilled laid back bunnies to be honest, if i had the same attitude i wouldnt have any buns left, and my aggressive bun would prolly still be waiting for a home.

I just dont get what the op is expecting from her rabbits, you wouldn't treat children in the same way :(

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi everyone

Good luck

x

Hi and welcome to the forum

I think many people's posts were a bit blunt because the OP was showing such a throw away attitude to her rabbits because they aren't how she would like.

We all have buns with completely different personalities, and love them as individuals. The thought that she wants to rehome them because they aren't lively enough is ludicrous in my opinion.

People have tried to help her. Many people have given her bonding advise in other threads. I just hope that these two boys find a home, or Zoe manages to bond them. They sound like lovely lads.

areia
26-03-2010, 04:56 PM
or Zoe manages to bond them. They sound like lovely lads.

i get so confused when people use my name :lol::lol: as much as id loved to help as well but this zoe is bout 5 to 6 hours drive away,

fingers and paws crossed for the family :)

Becca24
26-03-2010, 04:58 PM
I think I needs to figure out how to use this site properly too, couldnt do the quote thing. lol

I agree with what you say about laid buck bunnies, I always thought that was the main aim!! My daughter (nearly 2) is a pain in the bum sometimes grumpy, naughty and talks back to me at her age, but I wouldnt give her away or really want her to change in any way, I think zoe just needs to understand rabbit grow and mature like any other animal. My yorkie was a majorly cute playful puppy now he is an older matured relaxed dog.

I didnt want to get off to a bad start just felt a bit sorry for her cos I think she genuinely care and probably regrets the comment about them changing etc.

I really do need to figure out how to use this site properly!

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 04:58 PM
i get so confused when people use my name :lol::lol: as much as id loved to help as well but this zoe is bout 5 to 6 hours drive away,

fingers and paws crossed for the family :)

other zoe...who owns the buns! ;)

BobbleG
26-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Hi everyone

Good luck

x

Hi, :wave:

What you've said is right. We have all probably made mistakes with our buns at some time or another. I wasn't very well-read when I got my first. But that soon changed.

Buying too small accommodation isn't the issue at all - it happens all the time - it's just rectifying it asap that's key. But I don't think anyone had the problem with that really, it just came after the 'they're not the same, I don't want them' sort of comment that did it.

My buns don't like to be held and will never sit on my lap. It drives me nuts because all I want to do is pick them up for a big cuddle!! :roll: But it's not about me. They have their own little personalities and you HAVE to accept every animal as it comes and care for it no matter what. They're all special in their own individual way. It's up to us to give them the best life they can have.

And Zoe6660, please don't feel jumped on. You just have to understand that the rescues are inundated with 'given up' buns that are there because people lost interest, they were too expensive, they just weren't wanted anymore. They didn't ask to be born and bought and then discarded. So people are just trying to advise you to try something else before you give up.

x

Gem
26-03-2010, 05:06 PM
What size is the shed? If it's large enough, can it not be split into half once you've got the bunnies bonded, one side for the piggies and one for the bunnies?

Piggies are fairly easy to bond so having a group and half a shed (depending on size) eliminates the need for a hutch...as long as they have places to hide and sleep.

For now, you need to concentrate on bonding with the buns yourself and getting to know them again.

A five foot hutch definitely isn't enough for a Frenchie but that's what we've got and need to work with currently....don't forget there are Frenchies kept in far worse conditions than Zoe's

Personally, as they've not been neutered long they'll still be full of hormones especially as Spring is on its way, I'd leave them be for a while, focus on improving your relationship with them and looking at how you can improve their accomodation.

Quite often you can gets runs and puppy pens etc on sites like Freecycle (Freegle) I'm pretty sure you've got them up in Wales.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 05:09 PM
thanks guys, what ill do is wait and see what happens the shed isnt big enough to spare but ill try and look on freecycle and stuff and i will try again later on.

kayj
26-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I haven't a clue where this person lives but if anyone get get the rabbits to me I will gladly take them.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 05:25 PM
I haven't a clue where this person lives but if anyone get get the rabbits to me I will gladly take them.

it say 4hour and 10mins to get from here to you.

kayj
26-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Where are you:D

just re-read thread and have seen where you are:oops:

gemmam
26-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Just seen these rabbits for sale on another forum ("due to a house move where there won't be enough space for them to run around"), put up there just before the poster started this thread.

Gem
26-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Just seen these rabbits for sale on another forum ("due to a house move where there won't be enough space for them to run around"), put up there just before the poster started this thread.

That says it all doesn't it :shock::roll::(

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 06:52 PM
That says it all doesn't it :shock::roll::(

i am moving too if u look at my ohter post on here it say im moving also i have put on some ads that i dont have the correct houseing for them.

im not lieing if i wanted to i dont need a excurse but im being real and telling people why im selling.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 06:55 PM
<link removed>

i cant belive people like this it sad really im being real coz this is real and im not lieing to anyone see this ad it say alot.

LoopyLouie
26-03-2010, 07:03 PM
You did the right thing neutering them, if I were you I would try and rehome them through RR and try and homecheck where possible. Perhaps suggest they go as free range house buns. Others may not agree but it seems buns are not for you right now and they would perhaps be better in new homes :)

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 07:04 PM
<link removed>

i cant belive people like this it sad really im being real coz this is real and im not lieing to anyone see this ad it say alot.

You've had an offer from Kay. :wave: It'd be a rehome so you'd get no money for them, but they'd have an amazing home.

kayj
26-03-2010, 07:04 PM
As I have said in my pm I won't pay for them but can offer them a forever home and bond them seperately with a girlie each:D

Hope you find them really good homes, make sure they go to experienced rabbit people and not somebody who is just interested in novelty of owner a giant breed. I am taking a British Giant into rescue tomorrow as ther woman as only had it 6wks and is shocked at his size already. i won't say where she bought it from:roll:

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:05 PM
You did the right thing neutering them, if I were you I would try and rehome them through RR and try and homecheck where possible. Perhaps suggest they go as free range house buns. Others may not agree but it seems buns are not for you right now and they would perhaps be better in new homes :)

its not that they not for me, i love them i think i should of came here 1st and got the kit 1st and then the rabbit and had advise on what rabbit would be sutiable but it was a big misakte i made and i didnt mean to.,

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:07 PM
As I have said in my pm I won't pay for them but can offer them a forever home and bond them seperately with a girlie each:D

Hope you find them really good homes, make sure they go to experienced rabbit people and not somebody who is just interested in novelty of owner a giant breed. I am taking a British Giant into rescue tomorrow as ther woman as only had it 6wks and is shocked at his size already. i won't say where she bought it from:roll:

i am thinking on it belive me.

kayj
26-03-2010, 07:07 PM
its not that they not for me, i love them i think i should of came here 1st and got the kit 1st and then the rabbit and had advise on what rabbit would be sutiable but it was a big misakte i made and i didnt mean to.,

You have learnt the hard way unfortunately:cry: but at least you are making the situation right for both rabbits and have found this website so you will have knowledge in the future.:D

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:14 PM
i know this is sad but could u please answer this anyone?
small breed like a dwarf,
im not planing on getting one but the adive would be great if i get the set-up correct for this size rabbit is it possible to resuce a single or pair, i got a feeling my two boys i cant house two large bunnies and i have sed that :( but this advice would help. atm i dont think ill be getting anything else but incase it comes along with time researching and finding good size playpens and stuff for a rabbit i could built it up over time and could rehome in the furture.

Rabbit size hutch for one?
rabbit size hutch for two bonded?
Size run?
what food is the best?
what main veg/herbs they need?
what hay is the best?

more info would help im still going to research just so i got the oinfo in my head so i dont make the same mistake twice.

areia
26-03-2010, 07:20 PM
what happens if they are not lively enough for you ? sorry but you put this in your first post

I personaly dont think selling your larger buns then getting smaller buns are a good idea.

you've admited you cant handle the ones you have which is fine. but already thinking about smaller buns is a bit selfish dont you think, may just best to enjoy your other pets as you seem to have a good set up for them

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:23 PM
what happens if they are not lively enough for you ? sorry but you put this in your first post

I personaly dont think selling your larger buns then getting smaller buns are a good idea.

you've admited you cant handle the ones you have which is fine. but already thinking about smaller buns is a bit selfish dont you think, may just best to enjoy your other pets as you seem to have a good set up for them

if u read im not planing yet im asking for advice now so im not going to make any misakte this time, well im going to wait and go to recuse and they will knwo that they like no atm the rabbits i got isnt in the correct set-up they lkarge bunnies and its goingt o take a while for me to inprove coz i just spent money to make the pigs larger, I WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT, i want to find my boys a home and then i could take my time and research on a breed that would suit me that i could house and could give the space and run it needs. im not planing on getting it 2morrow i could possibly take me a year im not in a rush. i want to find out more that i dont know

LoopyLouie
26-03-2010, 07:24 PM
The best thing to do for your buns would be to give them to Kay and then stick to your piggies :) I honestly wouldn't go for bunnies again.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:27 PM
The best thing to do for your buns would be to give them to Kay and then stick to your piggies :) I honestly wouldn't go for bunnies again.

why u say that?

i didnt have a problem with my old rabbit he was a dwarf lop
nice garden and hutch (was living with my mam)

i got 2 french lop and having trouble i dont have the correct housing/run, and they changed alot after neutuering. i think ive been very unlucky but i love these boy.(living with fiance mam)

i think the different is i had one smallish breed of rabbit and it was nice and easy (not easy but u gte me)

and 2 large boys are proven difficult for me im not going to lie and they have changed i do love them but i feel im stuggleing coz they reguier more than what they got and atm i cant give them what they want.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:28 PM
I not planing on getting another yet, it could take months-year.

Becky86
26-03-2010, 07:29 PM
if u read im not planing yet im asking for advice now so im not going to make any misakte this time, well im going to wait and go to recuse and they will knwo that they like no atm the rabbits i got isnt in the correct set-up they lkarge bunnies and its goingt o take a while for me to inprove coz i just spent money to make the pigs larger, I WANT TO DO THIS RIGHT, i want to find my boys a home and then i could take my time and research on a breed that would suit me that i could house and could give the space and run it needs. im not planing on getting it 2morrow i could possibly take me a year im not in a rush. i want to find out more that i dont know

Ive just read this thread from the start. I understand you need to rehome your boys, and i would reccommend rehoming them to Kay. Kay is experienced with larger breed rabbits and once your boys are with Kay they wont be pushed from pilar to post :roll:

If i were you id stick to piggies, it doesnt matter if you have a dwarf lop, or a french lop, they will still cost you the same amount. You'll still need to pay for the set up, if you cant afford a shed then you wont be able to afford a hutch for a dwarf because a shed is cheaper than a hutch generally! Then you have the 3 vaccinations a year, at around 20 a time. Plus the diet would be the same, so i cant see why your asking what diet a dwarf would need :?

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:32 PM
Ive just read this thread from the start. I understand you need to rehome your boys, and i would reccommend rehoming them to Kay. Kay is experienced with larger breed rabbits and once your boys are with Kay they wont be pushed from pilar to post :roll:

If i were you id stick to piggies, it doesnt matter if you have a dwarf lop, or a french lop, they will still cost you the same amount. You'll still need to pay for the set up, if you cant afford a shed then you wont be able to afford a hutch for a dwarf because a shed is cheaper than a hutch generally! Then you have the 3 vaccinations a year, at around 20 a time. Plus the diet would be the same, so i cant see why your asking what diet a dwarf would need :?

not just a dwarf a smaller breed, not yet tho

im careing for my boys i payed to get them done, i havnt had them vac yet coz the vet sed most people dont, also i clesan them and feed them so the food amount isnt differnt what im saying ill have TIME to start fromt he begging its going to take some time to get a big hutch for my boys and then a run and its isnt fair if they got to wait, my pay isnt good so money do come in drips and drabs and i think it will take a while to get a correct set-up now knowing they need bigger space.

gemmam
26-03-2010, 07:32 PM

I agree with this.

If you want info like the things you've asked above, just read the forum a bit and it is all here, but no one will think it's a good idea to consider more rabbits, and especially any rescues you might approach once they know you've sold the two you have now.

Your new piggie set up sounds great :), maybe they are the "right" pet for you.

Also just have to add, your frenchies would probably be a lot more lively and show a lot more personality if they had enough space. They are probably bored and fed up.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:35 PM
I agree with this.

If you want info like the things you've asked above, just read the forum a bit and it is all here, but no one will think it's a good idea to consider more rabbits, and especially any rescues you might approach once they know you've sold the two you have now.

Your new piggie set up sounds great :), maybe they are the "right" pet for you.

Also just have to add, your frenchies would probably be a lot more lively and show a lot more personality if they had enough space. They are probably bored and fed up.

they are probably bored and fed up :(

areia
26-03-2010, 07:36 PM
why u say that?

i didnt have a problem with my old rabbit he was a dwarf lop
nice garden and hutch (was living with my mam)

i got 2 french lop and having trouble i dont have the correct housing/run, and they changed alot after neutuering. i think ive been very unlucky but i love these boy.(living with fiance mam)

i think the different is i had one smallish breed of rabbit and it was nice and easy (not easy but u gte me)

and 2 large boys are proven difficult for me im not going to lie and they have changed i do love them but i feel im stuggleing coz they reguier more than what they got and atm i cant give them what they want.

this is what im not getting, you want difficult buns?

I totally understand the fact you want rid, because of size and accomadation, i get that, its the constant referance as what coming across as that they are also boring bunnies that dont do a lot, ( I know you didnt say the words but even so , ) this is why i asked, what if you got smaller breeds that were not lively enough once they settled into your home,

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:41 PM
this is what im not getting, you want difficult buns?

I totally understand the fact you want rid, because of size and accomadation, i get that, its the constant referance as what coming across as that they are also boring bunnies that dont do a lot, ( I know you didnt say the words but even so , ) this is why i asked, what if you got smaller breeds that were not lively enough once they settled into your home,

that why i want to see a resuce coz some rabbits dont change i want one lively nothing worng with layed back but my boys has chaged they not them self and it upsets me how they changed over night. it has happe soo fast

gemmam
26-03-2010, 07:43 PM
that why i want to see a resuce coz some rabbits dont change i want one lively nothing worng with layed back but my boys has chaged they not them self and it upsets me how they changed over night. it has happe soo fast

Have they been checked by a vet :?

Even a lively smaller rabbit will age and become quieter/less energetic even in middle age. What would happen then?

Becky86
26-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Frenchies are generally laid back!!! My frenchie does hardly anything all day! :?

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:44 PM

Even a lively smaller rabbit will age and become quieter/less energetic even in middle age. What would happen then?

yeah they was checked over by vet when they was neutured.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:45 PM
i have pmed kayj to see.

waiting for reply.

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 07:46 PM

They were neutered. I'm guessing that's why they calmed.

So....what you're saying is that you'd like a sexually frustrated, lively bunny over a happy, calm bunny?

I completely agree that they don't do much because they don't have the space. They're probably really bored in the hutches they're in now, and would become far livelier if they had the space.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:48 PM
They were neutered. I'm guessing that's why they calmed.

So....what you're saying is that you'd like a sexually frustrated, lively bunny over a happy, calm bunny?

I completely agree that they don't do much because they don't have the space. They're probably really bored in the hutches they're in now, and would become far livelier if they had the space.

i know the 1st time when someone sed they must be bored in a small hutch i KNOW i got a small hutch and i feel bad no need to keep telling me please im upset about this.
i found they was lively and would jump and kick around when they was out but they sit there and clean more now and they sit there in the hutch and dont want to come out.

they was neutured 5 weeks ago

Sky-O
26-03-2010, 07:48 PM
It sort of sounds like you don't like the rabbits personality per se, but more you like what the hormones do to a rabbit (which is to make it livelier, generally, etc). That would mean that you either have an unneutered rabbit (which is not particularly fair) or you choose fully neutered rabbits to start with.

I do think that you need to change your perspective on animals and what you want from them/what they are to you before you get anymore though.

Really though, owning pets is not about the owner as much, its about providing the best life possible for those animals in whatever way is appropriate.

Sky-O
26-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Its relatively easy to stimulate a rabbit. Even in that space you could give toilet rolls with hay in each end and someting like a couple of pellets in the middle, or toys that dangle on the bars so they can chew them, you could try treat balls with pellets in, things like that.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:50 PM
It sort of sounds like you don't like the rabbits personality per se, but more you like what the hormones do to a rabbit (which is to make it livelier, generally, etc). That would mean that you either have an unneutered rabbit (which is not particularly fair) or you choose fully neutered rabbits to start with.

I do think that you need to change your perspective on animals and what you want from them/what they are to you before you get anymore though.

Really though, owning pets is not about the owner as much, its about providing the best life possible for those animals in whatever way is appropriate.

as u can see in this thread im finding it hard and im going to see is kayj wants to take them on.

please people stop keeping on i know and thats why im asking for advice no need to repet what people say. if u want to post it would help in furture the sizes for the houseing next time but i may not get one, it would be nice but the trouble im having no im not going to bother.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Its relatively easy to stimulate a rabbit. Even in that space you could give toilet rolls with hay in each end and someting like a couple of pellets in the middle, or toys that dangle on the bars so they can chew them, you could try treat balls with pellets in, things like that.

i put little boxes in the hutch and for all my pets the chinchillas and pigs and they alll over it i got loads here and they have that they rip and chew them all the time.

Sky-O
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM
as u can see in this thread im finding it hard and im going to see is kayj wants to take them on.

please people stop keeping on i know and thats why im asking for advice no need to repet what people say. if u want to post it would help in furture the sizes for the houseing next time but i may not get one, it would be nice but the trouble im having no im not going to bother.

I read through the whole thread. I don't think I repeated anything that anyone else had said at the time that I started writing the reply. I was actually trying to help because I think its important that you identify the full problem area so that you don't make the same mistake again.

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 07:52 PM

I already said the size recommended in my first post. :wave:

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:54 PM
I already said the size recommended in my first post. :wave:

is there links to people set-up and stuff and i would like to know the best food everyhing so i dont make any mistake

Becky86
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM
is there links to people set-up and stuff and i would like to know the best food everyhing so i dont make any mistake

What do you feed your boys now?

RubyTed
26-03-2010, 07:55 PM

If you search in the "housing" forum then there'll be threads with people's hutches and sheds. There are some amazing set-ups there for inspiration.

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:58 PM
What do you feed your boys now?

they have a dish of pellets everyday morning or evening
and they have a mix of apple,pear,cabbage,carrots, normaly but i have given them herbs the other day from reading on here and i havnt given them apple since its not good for them only as a treat. they have this in morning or evening dpening on they have the day before and they always have hay and straw as beding and food,

zoe6660
26-03-2010, 07:58 PM
If you search in the "housing" forum then there'll be threads with people's hutches and sheds. There are some amazing set-ups there for inspiration.

okay thanks

kayj
27-03-2010, 01:04 AM
I have replied to your pm:D.

LuceMarbles
28-03-2010, 04:43 PM
:wave: And I shall be taking these lovely boys up to Kays tomorrow.

Wish me a safe journey, the weather forecast does not look good and they don't have a Greenhalghs pie shop where Kay lives.

In flight refreshments will consist of green cabbage, squeeky aka french beans and calabrese.

gemmam
28-03-2010, 06:07 PM
That's great news, they will have a lovely home :)

It must be hard to let them go but it must be a comfort knowing they will be well looked after.

Hope Kay can give us an update on how they get on!

georgie_f
28-03-2010, 10:55 PM
YEY! :thumb: I hope they'll find themselves in an awesome home! And good luck on your journey, I hope the weather holds out and you find a pie shop! :lol:

Sparkle x
28-03-2010, 11:06 PM
:wave: And I shall be taking these lovely boys up to Kays tomorrow.

Wish me a safe journey, the weather forecast does not look good and they don't have a Greenhalghs pie shop where Kay lives.

In flight refreshments will consist of green cabbage, squeeky aka french beans and calabrese.

the outcome i was hoping for after reading this thread.
good luck with your journey xx

Collielover
29-03-2010, 12:36 AM
I have read this thread and I have just found these rabbits posted on preloved 2 and she is willing to swap them for other things 2 I love frenchies and would have had them in a minute if I sayed closer

Lynn's Bunny
29-03-2010, 01:40 AM
I thought she let Kay adopt them??

kayj
29-03-2010, 09:04 AM
YEY! :thumb: I hope they'll find themselves in an awesome home! And good luck on your journey, I hope the weather holds out and you find a pie shop! :lol:

They won't be going up for rehoming once they come to me:D

I was gutted moving to leigh and them not having a Greenhalgh's, Liz you will have to make do with something from asda;):lol::lol::lol: