• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Gutted :(

zoe6660

Warren Scout
fudge and sammy are not working out :( they not bonded and after thinking long and hard with fiance im going to find them both good homes, they have changed alot too since they been neutured they not the same they more layed back and not the little pains i used to have and i dont know how to act with them now they are not fugde or sammy :( its upsetting and fiance feeds them in the morning and notice a big differents.

why do you have to rehome both of them? If they are not working out as a bonded couple they could both get a new friend each and you have four, or rehome one and get a friend for the other?

All bunnies change as they get older, my domino used to be active and cheeky, now hes almost three hes a lazy little chubby thing, but hes still Domino, and i still love him to bits.

not really got any advice to help you i just wanted to say im sorry you have decided to rehome your babies not to sure i understand your reasons everyone would love laid backed bunnies however it must be hard to come to that decision :(

when i had my 1st rabbit bambi he wasnt neutured i was young when i had him and he was the same till the end, i miss him loads but over night they changed. i dont know if it would work two get a bonded pair from a rescue and see if they will take my boys in and bond them with 2 lonly girls. but i dont know who will do this.

i am gutted but i think if i get a bonded pair that is more lively or something i think it would be batter but i cant belive it.

Well they were only neutered a month ago, & it's not a week since you said you were bonding:?

I doubt many rescues would rehome to someone who had given up on their own within 4 weeks, but good luck.

i have had my boys for 6months and they have been neutured about 5 weeks and i have tryed everyday and fugde is too head storng and sammy is frigthen of him now.

i have had my boys for 6months and they have been neutured about 5 weeks and i have tryed everyday and fugde is too head storng and sammy is frigthen of him now.

Probably cos you've tried everyday.

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.

Or rehome if you don't want 'em anymore.

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.

i dont know one resuce that will help with bonding :(

Angie said:

Completely agree :thumb:

I would leave 'em to forget - live separately - completely so they no longer know each other, let hormones die down (up to 8 weeks after neuter), the get a rescue to bond for you.QUOTE]

totally agree with that if a big fight starts they have to be separted and let them calm down but as your putting them together everyday they are getting more and more angry.

Don't you think you may be rushing things a bit?
They've both recently been neutered and have started the bonding process, both of which are stressful to the bun and can change how they behave.

Do you really think its reasonable to expect a living thing to never change? We all grow and change due to either natural changes such as hormones, or environmental changes such as where we live and life experiences etc.

Over time I notice changes in all my animals - some of them become more confident and outgoing, others become lazy or laid back,some develop annoying habits, whilst some develop some very endearing habits - isn't that what life is all about?

If you want a rabbit that doesn't change can I respectfully advise you not to get any more, as they will change - fact!

Don't you think you may be rushing things a bit?
They've both recently been neutered and have started the bonding process, both of which are stressful to the bun and can change how they behave.

Do you really think its reasonable to expect a living thing to never change? We all grow and change due to either natural changes such as hormones, or environmental changes such as where we live and life experiences etc.

Over time I notice changes in all my animals - some of them become more confident and outgoing, others become lazy or laid back,some develop annoying habits, whilst some develop some very endearing habits - isn't that what life is all about?

If you want a rabbit that doesn't change can I respectfully advise you not to get any more, as they will change - fact!

i didnt know that my od rabbit bambi didnt change one bit that why i think it was wired and i was upset coz i loved them for what they was.

i cant get another shed i got a shed coming for my pigs and i got 5 pigs so they going in the big shed. i dont have room for more :(

I don't really know what to suggest, the only thing I'm thinking is that if I take on a pet, I guarantee that animal a home for it's whole life no matter what its personality turns out like.

There must be a rescue near you somewhere who can help with bonding, maybe it hasn't worked for you as it's not neutral enough.

Back