• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you get your pet supplies from?

Where do you get the MAJORITY of your pet supplies from?

• Pet Superstore - Sells pets

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Pet Superstore - No Pets

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Local Pet Shop - Sells Pets

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Local Pet Shop - No Pets

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • Garden Centre - Sells Pets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Garden Centre - No Pets

• Supermarket

• Local Riding school / tack shop

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Country Store e.g Scats

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Online Pet Shop inc. Ebay

Votes: 24 41.4%

• Total voters
Just doing some "market research"

I'm interested in where people get the majority of there pet supplies from? Please vote for your most recent majority purchase if you have changed your shopping habits due to recent questions about welfare if your following me. e.g I used to buy everything for my pets from a large pet superstore, now I have decided I would rather buy the majority of food, toys and accessories online.
:D:):D

I voted riding school/tack shop, but it's an equestrian feed suppliers. They don't supply rabbit feed as a general rule, but I pre-order bags so they get it for me when I get my horse stuff:D

Bum. The only one I didn't think of!!! :lol::lol::lol:

They have bird stuff, hamster stuff, an hay and everything... The only thing I don't get from there is rabbit food, which I get from a local petshop which does sell animals (I have no choice, there's no where else to get rabbit food from unless I fed him a cheap mix)

i get the majority of my supplies from the local pet and wildlife suplyer.......who conveniently supplys the countrypark with duck food and wild bird feed etc.
i buy pelets and treat hays and rabbit treats on line.

Horse suppilers, but it can be that pet shop, they sell sophisticat pink cheaper than other places. I use a wide range actually thinking about it, horse suppilers for dog, rabbit, gp, cat, chicken, tiel food. Local farm shop for hay and straw. Reptile shop for mice and crickets. Petshop for cat litter and Tesco's for making up rat food.

So that didn't help?! :lol:

I get most of mine from a pet superstore with no pets (this one. It's the only place I've found that sells bags of bird seed big enough for what I need.
Cat food we get from the supermarket, and their flea treatments we buy online.
I buy the bunny's hay from a local petshop that does sell pets, because it's better quality than the superstore I usually go to (bough some from there the other day and they turned their little noses up :roll:).

Soooo, a mixture really. I would like to be able to get everything from the big petshop but cat stuff is a bit overpriced in there and the hay is rubbish.

Mostly online for toys, treats, medical supplies etc and Hay and megazorb come from a local guy who sells food etc to stables and farms (and us lol)

Hay, pellets, treats, toys and accessories I buy online. The vegetables I usually get delivered, too, because I buy most of my groceries from Ocado. I very rarely go into a petshop, as the one near us is absolutely terrible, and the big pet store makes me sad.

Mostly from equestrian supplies shop, although hay is direct from the farm, and SS/excel pellets from pet shop that doesn't sell pets

mainly a pet shop that doesnt sell animal and thats hay, just bought some large litter trays too

i buy online for meds, and the odd treat,

veg well veg shops

pellets currently from sainburys, changed brand as was having probs with excel,

never buy hay or pellets from pets at home bliming horriable stuff, do sometimes get the odd wooden toy or treat though

i have a delivery from the local equine supplier of megazorb, green oat hay, other fancy hays if they have them. i go to p@h though, for extra hays, crunchies (i started using these about three months ago and the buns like them so much i haven't the heart to stop - they get two or three a day) and i buy other things where i see them - like spotting a heavy bowl marked 'rabbit' (like a dog bowl) and dried dandelion in wilkinsons when i went to get a big plastic bowl to mix my christmas cake. so all over, really. i get cat litter trays from asda, meadow hay from morrisons, fancy litter trays from the garden centre... in fact... i'm beginning to think i do too much bunny shopping :lol::lol::lol:

I voted riding school/tack shop, but it's an equestrian feed suppliers. They don't supply rabbit feed as a general rule, but I pre-order bags so they get it for me when I get my horse stuff:D

Me too I get bales of hay, redigrass and megazorb from there and veg and pellets from asda

I've put tack shop because we get hay and bedding from there, veggies we get from the supermarket or local farm shop. Local farm shop is within a garden centre which does sell pets, this garden centre is where we get our pellets from although when I am organised I get them online.

*is very rarely organised though* :lol:

I can get pellets from the tack shop but the bags always look like they've been there for ages so I'm wary of getting it there.

Edited cos I can't spell today

Last edited:
Back