• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've decided to move Paddy & Peaches outside - advice needed please

sacol4940

Warren Veteran
As the title says, I've decided to move Paddy and Peaches outside :D

After talking to the lady who fosterered them, I've realised that they're not as happy being inside :( They have the run of my kitchen/diner every evening, but they just sit in the corner and occasionally have a hop around

I've spoken to the OH and he's fine with them moving outside, I'm just not sure how much of the garden I'm allowed yet :lol:

I'm thinking of having an aviary with a hutch inside, could people have aviaries show me their set ups please? :D

I'd love a dog kennel, but they're way out of my price range! And i'm not sure I'll have enough room for a shed and run.

Is it from April that I could move them outside?

Anyone got any tips for me please?

I'm thinking of this hutch: http://www.animalmagicpetsupplies.c...bjectPath=/Shops/BT3336/Products/6x2x2longleg

Thanks in advance :)

They're ok to be moved out once the signs of frost have gone, so once its ok to start putting out bedding plants etc (keep an eye on Countryfile!)

The hutch you've chosen looks good, provided you can give permanent access to the enclosure.

Are you sure you can't squeeze in a shed?
More room for the bunnies, more dry space when it's wet (prob 60% of the time in this country!), easier to clean and room for you to sit in there when it's wet and much snugger in the winter.
You could get away with a 6x6 shed and a 6ft run on the side or front, so 12ft x 6ft of garden?
Hubbie could easily build your run/enclosure cheaply (if he's useful that is!)

They're ok to be moved out once the signs of frost have gone, so once its ok to start putting out bedding plants etc (keep an eye on Countryfile!)

The hutch you've chosen looks good, provided you can give permanent access to the enclosure.

Are you sure you can't squeeze in a shed?
More room for the bunnies, more dry space when it's wet (prob 60% of the time in this country!), easier to clean and room for you to sit in there when it's wet and much snugger in the winter.
You could get away with a 6x6 shed and a 6ft run on the side or front, so 12ft x 6ft of garden?
Hubbie could easily build your run/enclosure cheaply (if he's useful that is!)

If I had an aviary, then they'd have permanent access to the enclosure, I'd probably only lock them away if it was snowing/freezing etc

Our garden is plenty big enough to have a shed, I've just got to compromise with the OH. A shed/run would have to go on the grassy area (slabbed first of course) whereas we've just had a chat and the area he thinks is "best" is on part of the patio which is about 5.5ft by 12ft ish. I dont think i could have a shed/run here as it's in a weird place - one end of the 5.5ft bit would be against the house, and our house is raised off the ground by about 3ft as we live on a hill, so the steps that lead down from the back door will run along one side of the 12ft length. So I'm not sure where the shed door could go?? That probably makes no sense :lol:

The OH isnt bad at DIY, I'd just rather do it myself or get my dad or BIL to do it :lol: The OH moans too much and has a strop if something doesnt go right, and I can't be doing with that :lol:

The hutch looks fab, that inside an aviary would be good :) Thinking about it, Ronnie and Lolas run is 12x8ft and youve seen that? So yours wouldnt be much smaller, plus yours are normal sized bunnehs! They'll love it :love: Paddy used to always be sat at the front of the hutch every morning/evening waiting for us to feed him :lol:

I have no pics but you've seen our set ups anyway :)

ETA: They'll be able to go outside soon :) During April is normally about the right time :)

xXx

The hutch looks fab, that inside an aviary would be good :) Thinking about it, Ronnie and Lolas run is 12x8ft and youve seen that? So yours wouldnt be much smaller, plus yours are normal sized bunnehs! They'll love it :love: Paddy used to always be sat at the front of the hutch every morning/evening waiting for us to feed him :lol:

I have no pics but you've seen our set ups anyway :)

ETA: They'll be able to go outside soon :) During April is normally about the right time :)

xXx

Yeah I can remember what your set ups look like :D

I'm looking at a few options at the moment - there are too many! And I hate decisions :lol:

Yeah I can remember what your set ups look like :D

I'm looking at a few options at the moment - there are too many! And I hate decisions :lol:

Tell me about it! I'm trying to decide myself at the moment.... but do check all options out as you might be surprised. A decent aviary / hutch set-up will probably cost you about £300 and you can buy (( Kennel and Run )) for not that much more...... just to confuse you further!

I have changed my mind about 100 times now and have gone from Kennel and Run to Shed and Aviary and am now moving back to Kennel and Run mentally lol!! ;)

Thinking about it we may be able to fit a 9 x 6 kennel and run or similar down the bottom of the garden so we may go for that option instead of a shed and run type set-up on our patio. Bah I hate deciding! :roll:

:shock: those kennels look fab! I now just need to find another £200 :lol:

Tell me about it! I'm trying to decide myself at the moment.... but do check all options out as you might be surprised. A decent aviary / hutch set-up will probably cost you about £300 and you can buy (( Kennel and Run )) for not that much more...... just to confuse you further!

I have changed my mind about 100 times now and have gone from Kennel and Run to Shed and Aviary and am now moving back to Kennel and Run mentally lol!! ;)

Thinking about it we may be able to fit a 9 x 6 kennel and run or similar down the bottom of the garden so we may go for that option instead of a shed and run type set-up on our patio. Bah I hate deciding! :roll:

in the same position - its a head ache isnt it - cant help you with pictures im afraid but IF mine bond I will prob get the kennel and run - if they dont i will have 2 hutches in 2 joining aviaries!
Im rubbish with decisions!!

in the same position - its a head ache isnt it - cant help you with pictures im afraid but IF mine bond I will prob get the kennel and run - if they dont i will have 2 hutches in 2 joining aviaries!
Im rubbish with decisions!!

Dont you just wish that someone would make all of your decisions for you? :lol:

I'm still searching for ideas :roll:

Back