• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A question on rabbit droppings?

several hundred? i base this answer not on knowledge but on experience. and i can see a fly. time to empty litter trays.

answer LOTS:D big and round too, golden is a good sign but pellets like excell etc can darken them

I'm not sure but my little bun does loads, he seems to be pooping all the time..
Are you worried about your rabbits droppings?
They need to be golden brown in colour :)

several hundred? i base this answer not on knowledge but on experience. and i can see a fly. time to empty litter trays.

That seems a lot my rabbits probably only do 70-90 and they are brown in colour not golden brown. Am I not feeding them enough?

as long as they have plenty of hay small handful of pellets, some veg and are all eating and drinking well then your fine :D

One of my rabbits are not keen on nuggets he probably has around an egg cupful a day and he eats only small amounts of hay he prefers dandelions, parsley, kale,coriander and rocket also a little bit of apple and carrot.
My other male rabbit eats everything lots of hay, 2 small handfuls of nuggets,and any greens.

One of my rabbits are not keen on nuggets he probably has around an egg cupful a day and he eats only small amounts of hay he prefers dandelions, parsley, kale,coriander and rocket also a little bit of apple and carrot.
My other male rabbit eats everything lots of hay, 2 small handfuls of nuggets,and any greens.

They only really need an eggcup full of nuggets a day and the rest should generally be hay, but herbs and dandelions are good. (i am mostly going on what i have been advised as i have only been a bunny mummy for 3/4 weeks)
my buns droppings are a bit darker aswell but i don't think its anything to worry about.
As long as they are getting a lot of hay and herbs, little bit of nuggets they should be fine.
If you are really worried maybe ask your vet x

I'd cut out the apple and carrot-high in sugar give only as a treat now and again. Kale is high in calcium so again I'd limit.Base your diet on 90% hay 10% pellets and treats just now and again.

Back