• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bake Mine Chocolate! Cakes! and How You Can Help Rabbit Welfare

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Dear Friends of Make Mine Chocolate!

This Easter release your inner Delia / Heston by making something yummy in aid of Make Mine Chocolate!

"What do I need to do" I hear you cry! well it’s simple:

1. Choose some yummy cakes to make from your favourite cookbook or something lovely that you make all the time, maybe even share your recipe with others to try. Maybe you could post some recipes here to help us all.

2. Before/over/after Easter stock up on the necessary yummy chocolatey type ingredients and get baking (you could even entice your colleagues to a bake off competition to really get things going!)

3. Repeat step 2 because well…um…not all the cakes made it out alive, some were ‘tested’ along the way.

4. Take the yummyness into school / college / work and sell them for donations to Make Mine Chocolate! You can download this poster to help spread the word (and the hunger) starring Rimmi our very own RU bunster.

BakeMineChocolate.jpg

http://makeminechocolate.co.uk/marketing/BakeMineChocolate.pdf

5. Feel double smug because you’re helping a worthwhile cause and it wasn’t just you who gorged yourself over Easter this year!!

(if you are like me and rubbish at baking, why not just buy some chococakeys from your local supermarket!)

To find out more about Make Mine Chocolate! and to find out how to donate please visit us at www.makeminechocolate.co.uk

Leaflets available on request.

Thanks for supporting us, and enjoy your cake!

Last edited:
I'll be doing this! :wave:
I just need to sort out where to sell them! :roll:

My mum in Barbados is also doing this too. She will be selling them at the local craft market she goes to. She will be sending the money over from there. :thumb:

My mum in Barbados is also doing this too. She will be selling them at the local craft market she goes to. She will be sending the money over from there. :thumb:

That's amazing! So MMC in Barbados.............mmmm might have to do a fact finding visit!

thank you.

My sister is over in Barbados at the moment so you will have to send me the details! Oh, and your mum has to take photos! How exotic! Will she be putting the posters up to? I dont think I ever saw a bunny out there.... on mongooses and frogs!!!

Ill get her to send pics definatly!
Unfortunatly I dont know of many people over there with bunnies as pets but mum loves rabbits and wants to do something for them anyway. :)
I am hopin she will put afew posters up, fingers crossed. Even if it doesnt take off over their at least it's something. ;)

Please post your recipe ideas here for folks to share!

And if you fancy trying your hand at cookies, don't forget MMC! have their own cookies cutters available too.

Do you know what, Helen - today, our cake maker at work brought in cupcakes he had made to sell and raise money for a Border Collie rescue centre in Wokingham and I was just thinking about something similar for buns! :)

Ill get her to send pics definatly!
Unfortunatly I dont know of many people over there with bunnies as pets but mum loves rabbits and wants to do something for them anyway. :)
I am hopin she will put afew posters up, fingers crossed. Even if it doesnt take off over their at least it's something. ;)

And my Rimmi famous in a different country :love:

Do you know what, Helen - today, our cake maker at work brought in cupcakes he had made to sell and raise money for a Border Collie rescue centre in Wokingham and I was just thinking about something similar for buns! :)

Wey hey!

Well anything you can do Emma would be amazing. At least you know they like cakes then...............:D

Wey hey!

Well anything you can do Emma would be amazing. At least you know they like cakes then...............:D

Oh yes, well I work in an office that consists mainly of hungry men! Louis makes us cakes most Fridays, but we had an extra treat today with his red velvet cupcakes! Think he's gonna do some lemon cake tomorrow - will see if he can do me something scrummy next week to raise some cash for this very worthy cause :D

I cant take any in to work as im not working at mo and dont see anyone all day :(

BUT here is the most amazing moreish choc recipie:

4oz Margarine 113G
3oz Golden Syrup 85G
1oz Coco Powder 28G
2oz Seedless Raisins 56G
8oz Digestive Biscuits – Crushed 226G ( choc digestives make it nicer)
4oz Plain Chocolate 113G (I find it needs more than this)

Grease the cake tin or a flan dish.

Put the margarine, syrup, coco and raisins into a pan and heat gently until the margarine has melted.

Remove from heat and stir in the crushed biscuits.

Press into the cake tin or flan dish and leave in a cool place to set.

Melt the chocolate in a basin over a pan of hot water. Remove from heat and spread over the cake.

Leave to cool until the chocolate sets.

Or if you want something a bit healthier this is my mums bran cake recipie which she has fed to both me and Hilda with no ill affects :lol:

3 oz All-Bran
12 oz (total) Sultanas & or Raisins
4 oz Soft Brown Sugar
½ pt Milk
6 oz Self Raising Flower
1 level teaspoon of Baking Powder

Oven Temperature: Fairly Hot (375 F, Gas Mark 5)

Place the bran sultanas and sugar in a bowl, pour the milk over and leave to soak overnight.
Grease and line a loaf tin measuring approx 8 ½ inches x 4 ½ inches (top measurements)
The next day, sift the flour with the baking powder and stir into the bran mixture.
Stir well and turn the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake in the centre of the oven 1 – 1 ¼ hours
Turn out the loaf, remove the paper and cool the bread on a wire rack.
Serve Sliced and buttered.

oooh I have a brill recipe thats always goes down a treat - quite long to make but oh so worth it!

Chocolate filled peanut butter cookies.

For the PB Cookie Dough
1 1/3 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter, slightly softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar (I make mine with all brown cuz Im funny like that!)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup peanut butter (use smooth for the cookie dough)

For the Filling and Topping
1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped if you want
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cup peanut butter (Again smooth works best)
2 tbsp cocoa powder
3 tbsp icing sugar
2 tbsp finely chopped chocolate (Dark is best)

Make the cookie dough. Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light. Beat in egg, followed by the vanilla and peanut butter.
Gradually add in dry ingredients and beat on low speed until just combined.
Spoon dough onto a sheet of wax or parchment paper, shape into a roll about 3-inches in diameter and refrigerate until firm, about 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Prepare topping and filling. In small bowl, mix chopped peanuts, granulated sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
In another small bowl, stir peanut butter, cocoa powder, sugars and chopped chocolate until smooth. If mixture is very wet (this may be the case if it is very hot outside), add an additional tsp or two of confectioners’ sugar. Shape mixture 20 small (1/2 inch) balls and place each on a sheet of parchment paper. Set aside.
Remove cookie dough from fridge. Cut the log lengthwise in half, then make 10 horizontal cuts to slice the dough into a total of 20 even pieces. Each piece should be a semi-circle in shape.
Flatten each piece of dough and place a peanut butter ball into it. Shape each cookie dough piece around the filling, making sure to cover the ball completely. Repeat with remaining dough and balls.
Roll each ball in peanut-sugar mixture and place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving about 2-inches between balls. Use a flat-bottomed drinking glass to flatten the cookies down to 1/4-inch thickness.
Bake for 9 - 11 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
Cool for 1-2 minutes on the baking sheet, then remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.

Makes 20 large cookies

Back