• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

"Buzzing" noise

gemmam

Alpha Buck
When I went to let my bunny out earlier he was running round making a "buzzing" noise that I've never heard before!

I've googled and it seems to be thought that it's normally when they're feeling frisky/wanting to mate - anyone else's bunny do this or any other ideas what it means?

He's only 12 weeks old so I thought he'd be a bit young to be having the urge!

:wave:
mine did this when i first put him with my female they could see each other through the bars and he was so excited buzzing like a bee it was so weird :lol:
maybe he is getting hormonal early it is spring :lol:

Both of my girls made this noise around me before they were spayed, like a humming buzzing noise! At first I thought my first girl had a bee stuck up her nose!! :oops:

Pie does this to me every morning when I get her out for the day. She has been spayed for months now. So cute! :love:

12 weeks is the youngest a vet will do a deplumbing ( also varies pending on weight and size too, but if plumbs are there they can be done), its also spring which will highten his feelings for you,

he lovvvvvvvvvves you :lol:

Teddy used to do this when I first got him stopped after he was neutered & got a wifey. It took us some time to work out where the noise was coming from. :lol:

Can't see any plums but will get the vet to check tomorrow as he's going for his vaccination! :)

I was looking round for a bee at first, then thought it must have been the cat before I realised it was him!

Oscar does it every morning when I go int to see him - he circles my feet buzzing so loudly if often sounds like a duck honking (randy little blighter:love:)

I was looking round for a bee at first, then thought it must have been the cat before I realised it was him!

:lol::lol: you had the circling round you feet with chinning and gruntings yet too

i still sometimes get them from bigs :love: just dont miss the spraying :lol:

Both my un-neutered boys do this!
They are getting neutered soon hopefully, so i'm hoping it will stop haha

Two posts have said it's spring. It's not - it's winter. Where have you got the idea that it's spring from?

Spring doesn't start until around the beginning of February, with the astronomical spring beginning on March 20 each year (my birthday in fact).

So we're still in the thick of winter, not spring.

If we were in spring, birds would be nest building, but they're not. It's winter.

Two posts have said it's spring. It's not - it's winter. Where have you got the idea that it's spring from?

Spring doesn't start until around the beginning of February, with the astronomical spring beginning on March 20 each year (my birthday in fact).

So we're still in the thick of winter, not spring.

If we were in spring, birds would be nest building, but they're not. It's winter.

Perhaps because Tonibun has brought back a thread from 2010 :?

Back