• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Narrow/fine mesh NIC cube panels needed!

Alfagirl

Mama Doe
Hi all,:wave:

I was just wondering if any of you have any of the NIC cube panels with the fine mesh that you would like to sell??

I'm having issues with Tibbs bar biting, and while we try to wean her off doing it (we think it is attention seeking), I thought that if I used a panel that she cant get her mouth through, it might help speed things up.
Both bunns are completely free range - we just use a panel set-up to give them a base, somewhere that is their own, but Tibbs still insists on biting the bars. I think I inadvertently trained her to do it by fussing over her at first, so we are trying to ignore it unless it gets too extreme. Echo doesn't go near them!

I only need one or two, as there are only two panels she can reach to chew, and am willing to pay for them, and cover the postage too!

Can anyone please help???

How about cable tieing small mesh onto it? That's what I did with mine (but for a different reason) and it worked perfectly.

That could work, I just thought someone might have spares.
I'm sure eventually she will give up, I just want to speed things up as I don't want her hurting her mouth.

Yep, they've got 4 hanging toys, chew things, apple branches, a tunnel, cardboard boxes - they are completely spoiled buns!

I think it's a hang over from before they were bonded - they used to "kiss" through the bars :)love:), but I made of a fuss of Tibbs when she bit them to get her to stop it - thus reinforcing the behaviour. She is getting better as we make sure that all the toys are rotated, and she gets ignored when she bites now.

I'm sure she will stop soon, I just wanted to make it harder for her to bite!

Do you mean the silver grids like the ones from Screwfix? Part of my guinea pigs cages are made from them, I have loads spare :lol:

How many would you like? :wave:

Hi Saucepot,

The ones I'm after are like the ones in this picture...but with smaller holes between the wires, so Tibbsy's mouth cant get through?

100_1218-1.jpg

I only really need 2 and am willing to pay for them, and the postage (I'm in the highland's of Scotland so it's expensive to send stuff!).

Those are like the ones I have but mine are the very fine mesh so they must be the ones you are after....

ebay056.jpg

You are very welcome to have 2 of them if you just cover the postage :D

Do you want to PM me where to send them and I can get a quote for postage?

Back