• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really happy. WOODSIDE SAID YES TO US ADOPTING!!! :) so happy

yoshi&gizmo

Alpha Buck
Hello

I am so excited. I went to the local rescue centre today and instead of finding Gizmo a female friend i found yoshi one too!!!:love:

I couldn't pick so i decided to take them both :oops: But at the end of the day i was going to get yoshi a friend too eventually.... just eventually became now :roll:

Alex.... is a 1yr old neutered female. all black dutch/netherland dwarf
Tiggie.... is a 8mth old neutered female. tortiseshell/ ginger and brown lionhead/lop [they think]

I have to have a home check tomorrow but fingers crossed that goes ok. Then i pick them up sunday.... then roll on weeks/months of bonding fun/problems :shock:

I do love the feeling you get inside when you rehome :love::love::love:

Last edited:
Blimey they let you take on bunnies when you want 2 seperate pairs :shock: the lady i dealt with said no because of reffered aggression. They were rather rude to me too. So I now no longer donate money to them. Friend of mine had a similar problem, although they waited to the home check to tell her.
Good luck.

hello i will upload pics when i know for certain i can have them [home visit tomorrow]

Jazzy B - they mentioned about 2 pairs and aggession but they are fine with it as mine won't be able to see each other in there new hutches anyway so all should be fine.

I am praying now the home visit goes well tomorrow then i can pick up my two girls on sunday.

As for donating. My friend and i Russ do charity events now with our owls. [i own a owl but keep it at his house... bunnies don't approve of owls:shock:] And currently raise funds purely for woodside ..... do you know of any other reconised charity we could do this for as we would like to do different ones, So far this year we have raised well over £300.00 for woodside... :love:

Anyway off now ..... feeling sick at the thought of the home inspection.... i will be devestated if they don't let me have them :(

Well done for adopting instead of buying from a shop or breeder.
Good luck with the inspection tomorrow xx

Its just the way they spoke to me. They actually really upset me, talking to me like I was dumb :( a lady up the road wanted to adopt a dog from them, the man there said they sounded like a great family for the dog. The lady doing the home check said the garden was too small (its big compared to some gardens in the street!) and because they'd never had a dog it was a no. Even though they have expirence looking after her sisters dog etc.
I just find the staff very rude. even the 'vet' who seems to be clueless about bunnies. Seems you must own a mansion to adopt from them.. maybe thats why they are always full, because they are too choosy.
Anyway I hope you get a nice home checker tomorrow :)

:shock: They are a bit rude i must admit.... the volunteers talk to you like you know nothing and i had to talk over them alot :roll: but as for them being full... i did just joke with my sister-in-law about the fact i have to be vetted to have rabbits even though i already have two!!:shock: I know they like to make sure they are going to good homes and stuff and i appreicate that but at the same time it is an insult if they say no, because that means they are saying my rabbits aren't being looked after "correctly".
Also the price for addopting a bunny is £30-£50 ..... not surprising so many people go to pet shops and pick one up for £20. Although the ones i am getting [hopefully] are both neutered and vaccinated so i am getting a good deal and i know they are both healthy.

At the end of the day though they are a rescue centre and i know they only want to make sure they are doing the right thing by the animals :love:

They didnt even bother to homecheck me.. as it was 'very serious' that I wanted to keep 2 sets of buns in the same garden (fenced off so they couldnt see eachother) even after I explaine dmy current set up. needless to say I went to pets at home adoption and got Jack. To be honest its put me off rescues a bit but I guess they are not all the same.

Its important to remember that rescues want you to adopt their animals and are not deliberately being obstructive to people. Anyone who is refused an animal, it is for the good of that animal.

Its hard for people to be refused an animal and, rather than look at the reasons, they blame the rescue. People might have to jump through more hoops than going to a pet shop and buying an animal. Frankly, if they are unwilling to meet the criterias required by the rescue, they are not going to make good owners of a pet who has already had previous homes.

Well done Yoshi for considering rescue bunnies. Hope everything goes okay for you.

They didnt even give me a chance though thats the thing, and were so rude to me. As you can see I have Jack and he is perfectly fine anyone is welcome to come round and take a look at my set up. I am blaming the rescue as they didnt seem to care, maybe they didnt like me but my hairdresser adopted one from them to go into a 4 ft hutch with another bunny :shock: yet I wanted to adopt to a 6ft hutch with perminant run acsess and they said no. They are stupidly choosy.

Its important to remember that rescues want you to adopt their animals and are not deliberately being obstructive to people. Anyone who is refused an animal, it is for the good of that animal.

Its hard for people to be refused an animal and, rather than look at the reasons, they blame the rescue. People might have to jump through more hoops than going to a pet shop and buying an animal. Frankly, if they are unwilling to meet the criterias required by the rescue, they are not going to make good owners of a pet who has already had previous homes.

Well done Yoshi for considering rescue bunnies. Hope everything goes okay for you.

Thank you. :love: I agree with you. If for some reason they say no I will find out why and do something to correct it. We will make whatever modifactions are needed so hopefully we will be able to adopt in the future if we can't have these two :oops: I have had the poos and feel so sick .... still waiting for them to turn up..... i am so nervous.

Jazzy I am sorry you had such a bad expereince there :shock: but please try and see past the few rude people there. There are many more nice ones who are so caring. I have done some volunteering up there when my health allows it and yes, as with any working place there are some right :censored: but there are so many nice people there and they really do care and are very helpful.

:love::love::love:....fingers and toes and seems stomach crossed they say yes :oops: :love::love:

They said yes.....they think we are a bit bunny obsessed!!! :lol::lol::lol: They said they just wish all rabbits were this well cared for. :love::love: I could cry with joy.:love::love: I was supposed to be picking them up sunday but i am so happy i am picking them up tomorrow :love: Now comes the fun part Bonding..... :roll:

They didnt even give me a chance though thats the thing, and were so rude to me. As you can see I have Jack and he is perfectly fine anyone is welcome to come round and take a look at my set up. I am blaming the rescue as they didnt seem to care, maybe they didnt like me but my hairdresser adopted one from them to go into a 4 ft hutch with another bunny :shock: yet I wanted to adopt to a 6ft hutch with perminant run acsess and they said no. They are stupidly choosy.

Must admit, they spoke to me like I was stupid and didnt know anything....
So I went to the "Other one" and got Roland.Admittedly he had problems they werent aware of, but hes fine now.
I was scared as I keep ferrets...but they are all safe and padlocked in and I have no little fingers to let them out so my homecheck went well.I would have cried otherwise.
Have yet to have second visit to see how its all going.........:shock:

Must admit, they spoke to me like I was stupid and didnt know anything....
So I went to the "Other one" and got Roland.Admittedly he had problems they werent aware of, but hes fine now.
I was scared as I keep ferrets...but they are all safe and padlocked in and I have no little fingers to let them out so my homecheck went well.I would have cried otherwise.
Have yet to have second visit to see how its all going.........:shock:

I have nothing to do with them now, I wont even donate anything to them. I would definatly go to another rescue though just not woodside.

Glad you passed, you must of got a nice home checker :)

Thank you all for your kind words. The girls are home now and settling in well. :love: We are not letting the boys near them to day as they have been a startled with coming home etc. Tiggs was running around and eatting pretty much straight away but Alex needs a bit more encouragement. She is a bit nervous so we are keeping things nice and quiet for her. But they are both looking good. I have been stroking them [which they both like] and then letting yoshi and gizmo smell my hand.

Gizmo didn't show interest at all. Yoshi was acting really weird [in a good way] and chinning and licking my hand :lol::lol::lol: so i am hoping thats a good sign.

Jazzy yes i was lucky with my inspector :wave: I had a man and a woman and they were very friendly. Like i said it is awful that you had such a bad expereince but i am glad you managed to give a bunny a new home from else where :)
As for not denoting to them. All i ask anyone to do in your situation [bad experience etc] is remember you are donating to the animals not the people. :shock: Its not their fault and they need all the help they can. It doesn't even have to be a donation of money. Food, blankets and bin bags etc are all needed so please please please... Think of the animals there not the people. :love:

Back