• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My bunny likes nibbling my clothes

Anne36

New Kit
We have a 10 week old Mini lop Bunny, he is very inquisitive and appears to like coming out of his hutch and running around the lounge. He will let us pick him up occassionally but prefers to climb onto us when we sit on the floor with him and run round us. he is a lovely friendly bunny and we have noticed that he will occassionally nibble my clothing only as if he is just testing the material when he is sitting near me.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Anne

wear old clothes:lol:

Some buns do it - some don't. Some chew walls too:roll::lol:

Neutering may help - he can be done when he has plums - which occurs anytime from 12 weeks up

Selina does this. But she doesn't cause damage, just nibbles, picks it up and tries to pull it and dribbles all over me.:lol:

Perhaps give him more things to chew that he likes?
Pie used to chew EVERYTHING (even after she was spayed) untill I gave her more things to chew that she liked. Willow tunnels, Seagrass and ratten balls, apple wood twigs etc.
Just a thought. It may help? :wave:

Echo does this too, I think he's just testing things out - like when babies put things in their mouths. I would just be on the watch for actual bites, and make sure you don't leave any expensive/special clothes within his reach.

Ha ha

My Bella baby had been in her nebuliser last night and when I took her out to have a cuddle on the sofa she started digging my jumper..... then she nipped my boob through the material!!! I have a rabbit bite mark bruise now. Little monkeypops xxx :lol::lol::oops::no:

Thank you for your ideas I will certainly try some of them. I'll try and get some of them this week. I have given toby a rabbit wooden chew puzzle but he seems to like rubbing his chin on it. He loves his tunnel though its quite fun watching him run in and out of it and then nudge it about to move it where he wants it.

Anne

Back