• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding 2 pairs

bridget

Alpha Buck
Is this a good idea?

My boyfriend has seen a couple of buns in the adoption centre at Pets at Home and wants me to take a look...... Although I would love to I know if I go in there I will end up bringing them back home and I always vowed I would get any future buns from Celia at Kirkby.

Anyway, should that happen I would just like some feedback as to how people have managed bonding 2 pairs together. I have a female dwarf lop and a dutch english cross male. Kirk is neutured, Daisy isn't.

The two at P@H are the same..although I very much doubt we will take these on... oh I don't know what to do! :oops::?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. :wave:

Hello

I have just put myself in the same situation :oops: I went to the local animal shelter to get Gizmo and female friend [gizmo is a neutered toothless male] and ended up reserving 2!! one for Yoshi too [another neutered male]... so now i am going to try and bond two pairs too!!!

I have been told a few things.

Firstly it can take a while.
it may not work
be prepared for a lot of work :shock:

But still i am giving it a go. They needed a home and i have a home to give, so i am trying. Will P@H take them back if [god forbid] they don't get on?

Foursomes can work but they do take a lot more effort to do the bonding so be prepared for a week sitting watching them.

There is no way I would attempt to bond a group if any of them are unneutered and following neutering I would always wait for the hormones to subside maybe 4-6 weeks.

With regards to getting buns from anywhere, shop or rescue, you must be prepared for it not to work and decide what you would do if you end up with two pairs. Normally a rescue would do the bonding for you anyway (don't know if this is something that someone at Kirkby would be happy to try) but if you get buns from a pet shop, then the chances are you could never take them back if you have paid for them. At least with a rescue, generally they will take buns back if you can't keep them.

You will need to make sure that the space is totally neutral and confined, then, it should be like any other bonding, but with four personalities to gauge as opposed to two or three.

Helen

i meant to say mine are [all being well] two pairs...

and if they don't get on with there chosen wife bunny.... we will try wife swapping but if still no joy the rescue will take the females back ,,,,, i am praying it doesn't EVER come to that. :shock:

Right thanks for the replies.

If it didn't work out I would keep the two pairs separate - I wouldn't take them back but would be nice if they all got along... But I really don't want to spoil what Kirk and Daisy have.. you know, they're SO good together and introducing another two is probably just asking for trouble...:?

Really need to have a good think about this one.. :D

Back