• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matted fur on Bobby's foot

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
.. not sure if this is just me worrying, but have noticed that Bob's foot looks bigger on one side to the other foot, it looks Like its just fur, but just worried about sore hocks, she is running on it fine!

But has anyone got any pics of sore hocks so I can have a look if its similar, have been trying to take a pic, but she won't let me near her feet, and even grunted at me when I was trying to have a look last night

Sore hocks tend to be underneath the foot, and will be very pink/red (although if you have a REW it's harder to tell as all their skin is pink!).

Even if she won't let you take a picture, can you feel it/look at it? If you rub your finger over the area you should be able to tell if it's fur or part of the foot.

For piccies of sore hocks (although bad cases) try searching for MissySJ's threads on Peanut Butter & for Jack's Jane's Lady Lydia.

(And as a back up - ask Jill when you hand Bobby over for her big date!:wave:)

Back